Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ducey our Wheaten





This is Ducey. And Greg too! We got him about 5 months ago from a lady I found in the paper. I could not believe my luck, as we had been looking for a Wheatie. I ran straight over to see him, and knew I would be bringing him home. He is THE BEST dog ever. Greg and I just love him. He goes everywhere we go, and really doesn't know he is a dog. He thinks he is a lap dog as you can see from the above photo. He also likes to go boating! Ducey is named after a place we have spent many a summer vacationing at. Bass Lake. We didn't think Bass Lake sounded like a good name for a dog, and I wanted to somehow name him after our favorite place, so we came up with calling him Ducey after the lodge we go to up there. He is our Sweetie Wheatie.

4 comments:

Genn said...

Well, as much as Ducey is not my favorite thing in the world, he does look pretty cute in the photos. He does show well.

Kelly said...

I can't believe you've had this dog for 5 months now and I know nothing about him! Genny must really dislike animals not to mention this to me! If my mom were to get a new dog, Genny would have known right away! Ducey is such a cutie. You still have your 2 labs, right?

Kelly said...

I CAN NOT believe Genny didn't tell me that tucker and Sally aren't here anymore! I LOVED those dogs!! I knew they were getting old, but I didn't know they already died. I'm a little sad right now. SHAME ON YOU GENNY FOR NOT TELLING ME!! I'll have to come by and meet Ducey soon!

Genn said...

KELLY-

YOU KNEW THAT Tucker and Sally died!!! Pregnancy must be making you forgetful. I know you knew about that! I was even a little sad about it. But Ducey, he nips and licks and is super scrappy and like I said, he's not my favorite thing in the world. =)