Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Fish Tacos












I was strolling through Stater Bros. today, trying to decide what kind of low cal dinner I could make, and thought fish tacos sounded pretty good. So here is what I did. First I made a cold penne pasta salad, with grilled veggies. I saw Paula Deen do something similar yesterday and I was drooling. I used some of the same, but added a few ingredients, and of course used my own favorite spices. I lighty tossed fresh asparagus, portobello mushrooms, red peppers, and grape tomatoes in olive oil and seasoned with smoked rock salt and pepper. I grilled them in the house, and only for a few minutes so the asparagus were still a bit crisp. Then I cut them a bit and tossed them with the pasta. For dressing, about 1 tsp salt, 1-2 tsp oregano, 1 tsp garlic powder, a shake of seasoned pepper and parsley flakes. Toss that into salad, squeeze juice of one lemon, but first zest lemon and add to salad. Toss with a drizzle of olive oil. This was SO good!!!! For fish tacos, Greg bbq'd two mahi mahi filets. I made a sauce with yogurt ( I would have used sour cream but didn't have any, or better yet, plain non fat yogurt ) and about 1 heaping T of low cal mayo and about 1/2 package taco seasoning, and some lemon juice. I bought some shredded cabbage, and avocado, and I had some mango salsa, and cilantro. I just warmed the tortillas on the griddle and kept them warm in a tea towel. These were so yummy and with just the grilled veggie salad it was a perfect dinner for a hot summer night. Try it.

5 comments:

Maryrose said...

Do you have any leftovers? I am free for lunch!!!!

Genn said...

MMMMmmmmm! Why didn't I get a call to join you?? I could have come RIGHT over!! Or you could have dropped some off in a little to go box for me!

Kristi said...

That sounds soooo delicious. Do you deliver? I tip really well especially for food that sounds that good. You should post all of your recipes because I never know what to make for dinner. I'll call them Krisipies!!

Lauri said...

They look and sound delicious and I'm not even a fan of anything with fish.

Kelly said...

I agree with Lauri... I'm definately not a fan of fish, but they did look good. I will, however, try the penne pasta salad. That looks delicious!