Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Good Morning

Good morning Spring time!!! I guess if I have a favorite season it is Spring. Something inside me just comes alive when the days get longer and the weather warms up. I am such an outdoor person, and I often say I am solar powered! This morning while I was enjoying my fresh fruit and yogurt parfait I heard a rukus, and ran to the window where I was mesmerized by this bird. I thought is was a perigrene falcon. He was so beautiful. And hungry for sure. He was looking for a snack, and I was able to watch him through the binos for about 10 minutes. Only managed to get a couple pictures, and you would have to double click to enlarge to see any detail at all, but suffice it to say he was one handsome guy. When he flew, his entire underside was a flash of deep rusty red. Now I am thinking he was a flicker. I love spring, I love birds, I love warmer weather, I love fresh seasonal fruit.



5 comments:

deb said...

wow, he is indeed a handsome bird!!!
I love the spring too, I just love the sunshine....

Maryrose said...

yogurt parfait looks good. I am ready for warmer weather too. Are you ready for a party night?

Genn said...

I thought you said that fal is your favorite season?

Kris said...

Maryrose, YES!
Genny, It is a toss up between Fall and Spring. When Fall is approaching, I will say Fall is my favorite. But the thing I love most about Fall are the colors!!!

Kelly said...

I could have sworn you said Fall was your favorite season too! But I love Spring as well... bring on the warm weather!