Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Move over Halloween, Hello Thanksgiving

I LOVE these chalk writers! They write like a pen, but dry like a chalk. I have several chalkboards that I like to use, and I know I will be having fun with these.

Tassles.....love em. This is my new one, and it is on my living room floor lamp.

The Halloween quilts come down, and the Fall quilts go up.
My table gets a new look.
I keep all of my pumpkins up until Thanksgiving. Not the jacks..just the pumpkins and gourds. I start bringing out turkeys and fall leaves, with candles in rich shades of browns, reds, and yellows.
These candle rings are new. I got them at Michael's. The pumpkin tureen is a Fitz & Floyd piece that I love!
Noah was a sweetie pie and watched 101 Dalmations while Gama mopped all the floors today.
Now...what should I fix for dinner tonight?

11 comments:

Lauri said...

I love making the switch-a-roo from Halloween to Thanksgiving. I like to leave up all of the pumpkins too.

I'm going to make your Rigatoni for dinner tonight. My mouth has been watering for it since you posted that.

Kristi said...

I love fall, I think it's my favorite season. I miss the changing colors that we had in Kentucky though, man it was beautiful out there, plus the weather was fantastic. I love your table!

I think that whatever you make for dinner, you should double it and bring me some. You know, just a thought. ;)

Maryrose said...

Love the Fall..I took a page from your book and put some Fall out. I always love putting away the Halloween and making way for Fall.

What did you decide to make for dinner...and what time shall I be there?

Your Fall table looks wonderful and I always enjoy seeing your many quilted projects. To me your house looks it's happiest in the Fall...maybe because I know it is your favorite.

Kris said...

Hi Maryrose and Kristi,
I decided not to cook dinner at all. I have some potato and broccoli cheese soup leftover from last night, and some chili pork tenderloin from the night before that. Drew is in there cooking chicken for he and Diana, so when Greg gets home it will be leftovers. My cold has me a little under the weather.
Lauri, I hope you like the rigatoni!!

Genn said...

Very nice fall decor as always!! I leave my pumpkins up too, but jacks come down.

I can't shake my cold either. My coughing is really starting to get out of control.

Lauri said...

The rigatoni was delicious. It really hit the spot! Thanks for sharing the recipe...it's a keeper.

Debbie said...

I LOVE all your Fall decs Kris!! Especially your outdoor one. That is your porch area in your header isn't it?? Soo pretty Your leftovers by the way sound WONDERFUL. I finally shook off that cold I had too. It was a full 10 days on that.. not fun.. Hope you feel better soon.

Unknown said...

Hey........guess who

This you Mom.....I am getting this stuff figured out.

Thank you all for your good wishes on my new dating life????
I will keep you all posted.
Diane

Kris said...

Hey MOM!!! Katie must have shown you how to comment!! Welcome to blogland.....Hope Katie is doing better.

Kelly said...

your house always looks so good!

so what did you end up making for dinner?

AND.... what happened to 'Firday Finds'???? I liked it!

Kelly said...

sorry, just read you didn't make dinner. so what are you making tonight then???