Monday, July 19, 2010

I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream For Ice Cream!!!!

At the beginning of the summer I got a Cuisinart Ice Cream maker.  I thought it would be fun for the kids, and well, yes...the one who loves ice cream the most, Mr. G.   I am not a big fan of ice cream, so I didn't think it would be nearly as dangerous a kitchen toy to have as the bread machine is for me!  I have been trying out all sorts of ice cream recipes.  Some were good, and some were not.  But over the weekend, we hit the ice cream TRIFECTA!!!!   My neighbor left for vacation on Friday and the night before they left, their peach tree, heavily laden with fruit, split in two and she didn't have time to harvest the fruit!  She told me to go over and get it.  So I did!
This is only some of it.  I had already given a lot away, and then peeled, sliced and frozen a couple bags for cobblers later.  Next, fresh peach ice cream.
Saturday morning I was sitting out on the back patio having my morning coffee, and reading the paper, when I heard a lot of banging and clanging in the kitchen and out comes Mr. G with his breakfast.  A big bowl of fresh peach ice cream. 
Later on that day, I wanted to try another recipe.  I love lemon.  Almost anything with lemon it it.  I had seen a recipe for lemonsicle ice cream, and I couldn't wait to try it.  This one....is MY personal favorite so far.  I can't even tell you how creamy and lemony and refreshing this is.  Amazing!!!
But it didn't stop there.  While the lemonsicle was "ripening" in the freezer, we went to Sam's to buy fresh raspberries for my next ice cream.  Raspberry Cheesecake with my addition of baby chocolate chips.  This one is the prettiest.  And it was also very yummy.
Tonight, we enjoyed a dish of all three.  Fresh Peach, Lemonsicle, and Fresh Raspberry Cheesecake ice cream  The Trifecta of frozen dairy deliciousness.
Oh mercy....I guess I DO like ice cream!!!
Here are a couple photos of our little cuties enjoying some ice cream in their waffle bowls on Saturday after a swim.
And then....... they get serious!
 Yea...it's THAT good!!!

14 comments:

Genn said...

Those last "serious" pictures are hilarious! I laughed out loud. The peach ice cream was so good. The rasberry looks really good too. Yum. That machine is dangerous.

Janna said...

I found you from Genn's blog. I just LOVE her! And then I realized that you must be her mom. I feel like I know you already from Genn's stories! Glad to be a new follower of your blog :)

Debbie said...

Oh Kris that machine would be REAL trouble for me. I LOVE ice cream. And fresh peach sounds just wonderful...not to mention all those other flavors, haha..Enjoyed the girls enjoying theirs. Have a wonderful day! HUGS

Unknown said...

You've given many great ideas!

I've never bought a cuisinart for ice cream. I usually go the cheap route and buy one from wal mart. But seeing the way your ice cream turned out, I think I'm going to get a cusinart.

take care

Unknown said...

Forget about the type of yarn I use. I so am going to be getting out my Cuis-Ice-Cream Maker now. We don't have the fresh peaches here, but they were on sale when I was at the market yesterday. I'm hoping these are lower-fat recipes, as the last batch I made added 3 inches to our waist.

Not too worry, I will try to answer your yarn questions. First, let me say stay away from Red Heart, it's my least favorite. I know the Michael's one that I think you got, also not on the top of my list, even though I love the colors. Those two I would not get rid of, but stash in my bin for further trim work or a decorative pillow. It's really been trail and error for me too.

Here are a couple I love:

Do you have a HOBBY LOBBY near by. They have I LOVE THIS YARN, which is really nice when starting out. www.hobbylobby.com

The other that I have found to like the feel of is Vanna's.

I am just starting a new Circle of Life pattern with my LUCY Pak from the U.K., which by the way took 6 weeks to get here...icks...not happy, but love, love her colors. While up at Herrschners I add the new Bernat Baby Cakes, great colors, great added to my Luc. All are cotton, but love the feel of it. Not sure but Baby Cakes may be out in our U.S. stores now. The other store online that I'm pretty sure carries it is.... www.marymaxims.com

I don't really know how long you have been following THE GARDEN BELL, but if you look back at past posting, you will realize that I mix it up quite a bit. I also dye my own yarn, which is another whole addiction. I mostly use H.L.'s I LOVE THIS WOOL for that.

I tend to stay in the Worsted Weight catagoy of yarn and use a G hook or H. It tends to make a nicer tighter stitch.

Hope some of this helps. Keep going you will get into the swing of it soon. I have only been at this for about 1 1/2 years now, ever since stumbling on Luc two winters ago, when I had nothing to do during a blizzard here in the Windy City.

Off to find that Ice Cream Maker.

Toodles,
Kate

P.S. Let me know if you have any other questions. I'm a teacher at heart.

Katie said...

Oh my goodness...what heaven!!!! Greg is my kind of man, I very often eat ice cream for breakfast. But, not homemade!!! And look at all those fresh peaches!
I think all 3 look divine!!!!

Jennifer said...

Well, I am not a huge ice cream fan, either...or at least that's what I've always thought - but goodness those pictures make it really tempting. Hubbie on the other fan - and addict! Maybe I see a great gift in his future (and great gift ideas are not easy to come by for this guy)!! LOVE the little ones enjoying their ice cream so much:)

Unknown said...

Oh Good Grief........

I made the lemon, got up this morning got down a small bowl added a little lemon ice cream added a banana, itty bitty amount of chocolate and YUM!!!!
I think I had a banana split for breakfast...YIKES!!!

Mom

Tawny said...

How yummy!!! You have so many great ideas to do with it too!

You know it is delicious when you can't see the "eaters" face but only the bottom of the bowl!!! Adorable!

Kris said...

I am laughing at all of these great comments. Truly...this ice cream, these three, are to die for!!! GO GET A MACHINE...and EAT ICE CREAM FOR BREAKFAST!!!! MOM!!! I love it!!

NanaNor's said...

Hi Kris, So fun to hear about your making different flavors of ice cream. Makes me want some too!
My two daughters have i.c. makers and they love them-in fact both have made coconut milk ice cream, which I think is to die for, and goat's milk ice cream. I can't, for health reasons, eat it right now but do love the natural, non-dairy type as well. Can't wait til I can partake again.
BTW, is the pain from your shingles totally gone?
Have a great evening.
Hugs, Noreen

Katie said...

I'm came back for seconds, I had to Lust once more...I can't believe how yummy these look!!

Lauri said...

I'm not a huge fan of ice cream either but when it comes to home made icecream, that's another story. My ice cream maker broke last summer and I haven't got a new one yet but I may have to do that before long now that I'm looking at all of your delicious goodness.

Cathy said...

OMG, you're killing me with all these luscious flavors of ice cream. I'm hoping I'll find ripe peaches at the farmer's market tomorrow.