Thursday, October 7, 2010

Fig Cake And Filet Mignon

Blogger is giving me fits.  I will see if I can post a previously uploaded pic.  This was the dinner from the night we had fig cake.  Bacon wrapped filtet mignon, with sauteed mushrooms, baby broccolini, baked potato with the trimmings.
The fig cake, served with the ruby port glaze, and ice cream.  So delicious!
 It was gooood.  I am still waiting for blogger to get with it, and acknowledge that I paid for more photo memory and do as they said they would do, and let me post within 24 hrs of paying.  I am closer and closer to using typepad!!! 
This is what I made with the figs from my neighbor.
And I can't post any more photos because I get a pop up window saying that I am out of free space and need to buy more to continue to upload with my google account???? What????  Anyone else run into this yet? The cake was delicious though.  I will figure this out tomorrow.

9 comments:

Debbie said...

WOW...no I have always got some sort of problem or something or they change the way something is done ect., but I haven't had that one yet. Hope you figure it out. OH, and the fig cake looks good, though I will admit I have never had one. Have a wonderful week-end Kris.

Genn said...

Haven't had that problem with blogger yet. I hate the new picture upload system though.

I'm not sure about that fig cake. I did try the figs... I just can't get past the texture.

See you this afternoon!

Kris said...

Well, I asked Dad about it and he said..."I dunno" so I went ahead this morning and did what they said and BOUGHT more storage from Google to upload photos to Blogger!!! I think it is a way to make money since so many are blogging for free with blogger!!! Oh well. You wouldn't like the fig cake if you don't like the texture of figs. I also made bacon wrapped filet mignon, with sauteed mushrooms, and baby broccolini, and baked potatoes with all the trimming, washed down with a J. Lohr Cabernet. Wowzers!!

Katie said...

I just knew you would do something with those figs!!! Does the cake taste good??? I think I'm with Genn, I don't like the texture of them, but I bet they taste better in a cake!
Your dinner sounds delicious!!!

Ginger Patches said...

Yeah there's a limit to how many gigabytes you get with blogger...I think it's only like $5 bucks a year to go from 1 to 20 so that's not too bad. I haven't reached my limit yet...I may switch to typepad when I do. The cake looks yummy--I love fresh figs :)

~Niki~ said...

i haven't gotten that pop up yet. oh geez, another blogger problem? i think i might have to eventually switch to typepad or wordpress. hmmm.

Kris said...

I am considering Typepad. I paid the extra money for more GB, but even though it says 24 hrs, I still can't upload pics. Grrrrr

Unknown said...

Looks like I'm going to have to buy some storage too. Getting a little sort of patience with all this blogger stuff.

I'll try to see if I can remember and actually right out the pattern for you soon.

Kate

From the Kitchen said...

This looks delicious. I wish I had a friend with a fig tree. I've never had the photo problem with my blog. In fact, I didn't even know one could "purchase" photo space.

Best,
Bonnie