Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Hump Day Happenings

Today there is no school for Noah.  And I have a house in desperate need of cleaning.  So we are staying here and tending to some things.  Earlier this morning, Gennifer came over on her way to work to bring me a pretty bouquet of flowers, and a bag full of goodies to thank me for helping her with the girls birthday party.  I was looking for a vase to make an arrangement with the flowers, and then I decided to instead use my ceramic pumpkin soup tureen.  I love the way the flowers look in here. Thank you Gennifer!

I have been waiting for Gennifer to post her birthday pictures of the girl's party before I post mine.  So check back in a day or two for those.
Meanwhile, this is the month to reflect on all that we are thankful for.  For me, I am thankful for so many things.  Topping the list, is my family and our health.  What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?

12 comments:

Debbie said...

I LOVE the way the flowers look in the pumpkin! What a nice thing to do. It's good to be appreciated isn't it? You do have lots to be thankful for with that family. Have a wonderful day...

Holly said...

There are so so many things to be thankful for this year. My kids are grown and happy and healthy, I have a great marriage, and my refrigerator is clean! Love the flowers!

Unknown said...

That pillow is "too die for" cute. Did you make this. Perfect vase for the flowers... Have you started T.S. yet...

Anonymous said...

very pretty flowers :)

I'm thankful for my family and friends, my amazing little boy, my job, my home & my amazing boyfriend ...I'm also thankful for the freedom of speech, the right to vote and be heard, for the Country we live in, and for the militarty serving and protecting our Country.

~Niki~ said...

lovely bouquet your daughter brought you!
I am thankful for being able to finally work from home 100% of the time. :)

NanaNor's said...

Hi my friend, Love the beautiful flowers, such a thoughtful thing for your girl to do. Like you I am thankful for my hubby and our family, my/our health, a roof over our heads and food to eat. I am also thankful for you!
Hugs, Noreen

The Baker Family said...

It was very sweet of your daughter to think of you..I too have a dirty house, story of my life. :/ I am thankful for a husband who enjoys spending time with me and for 2 wonderful kids who make me happy everyday. I could go on for days, but I'll leave it at that. :)

Jennifer said...

Absolutely love the flowers in the tureen...I'm totally stealing that idea - IF I have someone sweet drop off flowers to me one morning:)

Genn said...

The flowers look great in the pumpkin tureen! Good idea. :) I am thankful for so much that I think blogger could not contain it all on the comment section!

Pam said...

The flower arrangement looks great and I also love that pillow. I am thankful for my wonderful family and friends and for the fact that my children are happy and healthy.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

The flowers were a lovely surprise and they look beautiful in the tureen- I just love all the beautiful colors! Thanks for sharing!

- said...

Look at that cute little pillow. It says it all.