Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Oh CRAP! And Other News...

Yeah..that's right!  I walked around all afternoon yesterday with this on my shirt!!!  I even stood outside in my neighbors yard chatting away, never realizing that I had a big blob of bird doo on my shirt!!!  I work in the yard all the time.  And I don't think I have EVER been hit by a fly by dropping.   Nice...huh!
Today I made something delicious and satisfying, even for a gal trying to shed her winter coat.  This is from a blog that my daughter Erika at Flip Flops & Sippy Cups
reads.  I have been been getting so many great ideas from this gal.  Mind you, I am old enough to be her mother, and won't be doing all of the crazy fitness things she does.  But she has some really great ideas on filling and healthy snacks and meals.  Her name is Gina, and her blog is called The Fitnessista
Go say hi and see some of her yummy healthy food ideas.  Anyway, back to the yummy treat I made.  These are called Protein Balls.  I think she also refers to them as Dough Balls, and AmazeBalls.  They are amazing!  I kid you not.  Let's make some.  Here is what you will need.
In food processor, pulse 2 T almond butter, 2 T of chocolate protein powder, 2 T UNsweetened shredded coconut, dash of salt, dash of Stevia til crumbly.  Add 1 T PURE maple syrup, and mixture will form dough.  Then add 1 square of dark chocolate.  Pulse until broken up and incorporated.  Remove dough from processor and form into 4 balls.

This would be a great pre or post workout snack.  Or just a snack to satisfy a sweet tooth.  SO good.  Hard not to eat all of them!!!  HIGHLY recommend trying these.  Gina has the health info on her list.  But they are 130 calories a piece.  Worth every bite!!  I promise.
A long time ago, I bought this gumball machine at an antique store.  I couldn't get it to work.  Today I was bound and determined to fix it, and I did.  So Noah and I went to get some new M&M's to fill er up.  Here he is giving it a whirl.  Putting his penny in.
 And reaching in for the colorful surprise.
When my kids were little, my folks had a gumball machine on a stand and a jar of pennies right there for the kids to have M&M's.  They loved this.  I am so glad I got this working. 
Toda was such a lovely day, we had our lunch outside on the patio.
Then we had a visit from the Hass Family.  Noah couldn't wait to show them the M&M machine.
Hands, pennies, and M&M's were flying all over the place!  And then...... the unthinkable happened.  I ran out of pennies!!!  Uh oh!  I hope Geeps has some!   When the pennies disappeared, Noah went inside to bring out snacks for everyone. " FRUIT SNACKS!!!"
I think Hannah was upset that there were no more Princess fruit snacks, and only Spongebob Squarepants left.  She turned tail and left, and Noah says..."What did I do?"  But Claire wasn't too picky, she reached right in there for as many as she could get!
Noah seemed to think he was in charge of handing them out. 
And putting them on his tractor to haul around with him too.
Here is little Claire with her cheeks choc full of fruit snacks.  What a little doll!! 
Ending today with a picture of Jake and his girls.  A couple of Daddy's girls for sure.   While sitting out here in the afternoon sunshine, my girls and I were talking about how excited we are to go to Blog Sugar.  Eri was asking what to expect.  Gennifer was saying how we really didn't know, but we were talking about how much blogging has enriched our lives.  Things we have learned, shared, and celebrated through our photo journals online.  Finding other similar kindred spirits.  Documenting our daily lives, however ordinary they may be.  Seeing the extraordinary in others who are living their lives, just like us.....one day at a time, through our families, our interests, our loves, our triumphs, our losses.   Yes, blogging has certainly become a part of us.  And we are so thankful for it.  We can't wait to meet so many of you at Blog Sugar!!!!
That's a wrap for me on this beautiful Spring like Hump day.  Got to get some grub together for Mr. G, and then settle in to watch Idol.
Toodles!!

21 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

Hi Kris...first of all I would have told you you had bird crap on your shirt if I was your neighbor! But maybe they did not notice LOL...I would have noticed too.
Looks like a great day with the grands too...they are so cute.

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Lol. That reminds me of the day I went to the post office ...about 29.5 years ago and the clerk told me I had bird poop on my shirt. It was baby spit up! LOL

Those snacks looks yummy! But I want to know how you can resist those m&ms!! You are brave!!!

Have fun with all the other bloggers!! can't wait read about it! HUGS

Bethany said...

I'm sorry but I sat here cracking up about the bird doo. That's something I would do--chatter away without knowing what I was wearing :)
My sister gave my nephew a gumball machine at her wedding rehearsal dinner (he was ring bearer). He immediately saw the opportunity and walked around our area of the restaurant selling them. Definitely his father's son :)

Lauri said...

M&M'S in a gumball machine would be a dangerous thing for me to have around. I'd eat them ALL.

You're right about blogging...it really opens the world up.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I had to laugh.....sounds like something that would happen to me....

I love your blog design....one of my favorites..

Tammy said...

Those look yummy!! I couldn't have M&M's in the house either. They would be gone so fast. Your grandbabies are beautiful, all three of them.

Cozart Family said...

Hi Kris,
Funny about the bird crap and yes I would have told you. I had a similar thing happen with a band-aid. Hannah had shots and some how she took the band-aid off and it stuck to my boob. I went to Costco, spoke with some people I knew. Ran other errands all over Corona and Norco with a band-aid stuck to my boob!! No one said a thing So embarrassing!
Other then that looks like everyone had a great day in the sun!
Traci

Janna said...

You and your daughter are 2 of the reasons I blog! Relationships with ladies who I'd probably otherwise never meet on the street. Glad I'm not the only one who's been hit by a bird before. hehehe.

Holly said...

Looks like you had a great day other than what we will call "the poop incident of 2011". Are those whole wheat braided petzels on your plate? I love those things. Squeeze those babies, they are so adorable.

- said...

My Dad used to tell me it was good luck and you had to wear it all day or it was bad luck!

Debbie said...

haha on the birdie poo, sorry. Soo something I'd have going. The MM machine is a WONDERFUL idea. How my grandkids would love that too. Those balls look wonderful too, and 130 is not bad at all...I am looking forward to hearing about this blog party, your right it has become a part of my life. Have a good day!

Genn said...

Sorry about the bird poo! Not good.
Thanks for letting us polish off your amazeballs! They are good. How many do they make?
I love what Janna wrote about meeting people through blogging you'd otherwise never meet in your life. It's so true. I love blogging.

Cindy said...

Funny about the bird poo. I am still somewhat new to blogging but I get the kindred spirit thing. Looking forward to Sept!!

Kristi said...

Oh poop. Hey, it's supposed to be good luck! But if I was your neighbor, I definitely would have told you!

Love the M&M/gumball machine, those kiddos are sure going to love it! They are all so adorable too!

Have fun at Blog Sugar!! I guess I don't really know what it is, is it like a meet and greet for blogging people in the So Cal area? I'm sure you will have lots of fun, especially going with your girls!

Gloria Baker said...

Love your recipe and really enjoy your pictures, OMG the MM machine is an amazing idea! gloria

Sorry by you and the bird!

Pam said...

I haven't seen the sun for so long - you are so lucky with your weather.

The protien balls look fantastic!

Sorry about the fly by dropping... darn bird.

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

Can I just tell you that the M&M machine would be a HUGE hit at my house? Love it and love the pictures to go with it!!

Rachel

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to blog sugar now! I am glad we talked about it, b/c blogging really has enriched all of our lives in SO many ways!

And ummm my kid is the cutest ever. I love these photos of him! He is so stinkin cute! He's been so good all week!

Psssst I see you have ground cinnamon in the pics but it's not listed in your directions of ingrediants. My balls came out way smaller than yours...so I made two batches. D liekd em too! I think I'm going to freeze them also...

Hey what do you want for your b-day????

Unknown said...

Better your shirt than your hair is all I can think to say. How purely heaven to have all those cute kids a foot. Adore those striped leggings, they were not missed by me.

Have a wonderful weekend,
Kate

annielizabeth said...

In some parts of the world bird doo on your shoulder is supposed to be a sign of good luck! Your previous post, using potatoes is an excellent use of potatoes as well as better for you. I'm gonna try that next time I make quiche btw, yours looks so yummy. I have a gum ball dispenser just like that but it's packed somewhere!!! Have a wonderful wknd!

Sandy said...

Hi Kris! I'm Kristen Sneegas's little sisters, I think I came to your house once to pick up cupcakes that you made for my niece! (I think) :) I just started following your blog, found you through Gen's blog. I love your gumball machine, my nextdoor neighbors growing up had a gumball machine and me and my sisters loved getting pennies from my dad's jar and running nextdoor to go get gumballs! What a great memory you reminded me of today!