Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Brown Rice Pudding

I found this on one of the many blogs I have been reading lately for healthier eating ideas.  I can't find it.  I can't remember it.  But I think it was from a link off of this fabulous blog I have discovered from my daughter Erika.  The Fitnessista
I quickly jotted this down, as I LOVE rice pudding.  I was eager to give this a try.  So last night I assembled the ingredients.  It only takes a few things.
Assemble all, then bring to a boil.
Put lid on pot and turn heat to low.  Leave on stove for 50 minutes.  Then remove from heat for 5 minutes, and stir. 
I enjoyed mine (and I do mean ENJOYED) with a little squirt of fat free whip, and a bit of fresh grated nutmeg.  HEAVEN!!!
Ingredients are as follows:
1 cup short grain brown rice
1 cup water
1 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 T unrefined coconut oil
2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste, or real vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 T pure  maple syrup
This makes about 4 small servings.  The next time I make this, I will be doubling it FOR SURE!!!
I hope you make this and enjoy it as much as I did!!!!!
Bon Appetit!

9 comments:

Holly said...

The things you find!! This looks wonderful and so easy. Off to Trader Joes shortly so I'll be picking up what I need for this. Thanks!

Heather - The Good Life said...

That sounds really good. I'm actually headed to Weight Watcher's tonight. I've been successful on South Beach, but it's just not a long term diet for me. I can't wait to try out the new plan, I've heard so many good things about it. Have a great day.

Cindy said...

Yummm.... I love it cause of the coconut flavor in it.

Debbie said...

Oh this sounds just wonderful!! I LOVE rice pudding, and it is one of my hubbies fav's...do you have any idea on the calorie count of a serving? I have never tried coconut milk either but have a feeling I would love it and it would be good in rice pudding...

Anonymous said...

YUM YUM YUM! Glad you enjoyed a healthy treat looks heavenly that's for sure!
XO

Kristi said...

Mmm, yummy! Looks so good! I love rice pudding!

Genn said...

Hmmmm Yum! I love rice pudding too. This sounds good.

Unknown said...

I am not going to be showing Scott this. We have major bickering at our house over brown vs. white rice. Not that we eat a lot of rice. But, Scooter is a fan of the darker. Me not so much. But this does look might-ie tastie.

Now, about Camp Kris, just where do I sign up for next summer. Can't wait to see what fun things we will be doing next. A day at cooking school, what could be more fun.

TTFN,
Kate

DaCraftyLady said...

What a wonderfull idea the kids looked like they had a ball,as did you too! And the pic of you and the kids was so nice...lots of fun!! Debb