Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Bass Lake Continued

So, we get to Wednesday up in God's Country, and by this time, I am really getting used to the dirt.  I can walk into the motor home without even taking a whisk broom to the inch of dirt of the steps!  I am perfectly fine with using a towel that already has a dirty hand print on it, and I couldn't care less whose it even is.  I walk right over toys on the floor, and almost even didn't make my bed one day.  Almost...let's not get crazy!  Yes folks, I ALWAYS make my bed.  No matter where I am!   Here are some of the ways the kids enjoyed them selves while back in camp.  Mornings meant getting to play a game on Gamma's ipad.
Lots of coloring and artwork being done at the picnic table.
I don't know what on earth they are doing here with these foam sticks, but they got a kick out of themselves putting these in their pants.

Get a load of the look on Noah's face!!! 
We ate all of our meals out!  Except for that one Feast In The Forest.  Miller's Landing is right next to our camp, and where we kept the boats.  They have such a quaint little general store, and cafe, with outdoor eating, and a beautiful view of the lake.  It was just delightful to sit out there, and have a breakfast burrito before heading out on the boat.  Or a burger after coming in on  the boat.  We also had a fair bit of ice cream cones, and milkshakes too.  Jury is still out on who has the best burgers on the lake.  Some say Forks, some say Miller's!  Both are heavenly!! 
I bought a sign from Miller's a few years ago just like this, and it hangs in our den. 
This particular one reminded me of Hannah and Noah.  It was before our Clairey came along.  This year I wanted to buy this one.
It was hanging in the office and was the only one they had.  I will have to order it if I get this one.

This is the view sitting on the patio at Miller's. 
 Not too shabby eh?
We also had a lot of fun on the lake every day.  We did some lake cruising.  That is my brother's Sea Doo boat we brought up there.  That was a fun little boat to have.
 This is Drew and Diana on the patio boat. 

We had a lot of fun in Willow Cove.  We put our EZ UP on the beach, and just left it all week with all of our floats and toys.  Then beached the boat every day and played in the lake.  The kids had a ball!!!  Little Clairey was quite the water bug. 


There is a partially submerged log in this cove that has been here for years.  They had fun launching one another off of this log.  They would stand on one end to weight it down, and then when jumping off, the log rose up out of the water, launching whomever was standing on the other end.   The little kids thought this was awesome!  Look at Hannah's perfect form!  I think we may have a diver!!

The big kids got in on the action too, to see who could be launched the highest and farthest!  Jake.
 Drew....
 Brian....
Even Geeps.....
The kids would come back up into the patio boat to have a little lunch.  I thought this was precious of Hannah and Noah.  She was preparing a cracker with cheese on it for her cousin.  Awwwww!!!
 These buddies fight like siblings, and love like siblings too.
Come Thursday, Eri had to head back home.  As she was preparing to leave, Gennifer decided she would head on home with her.  So the last couple of days were rather on the quiet side at camp.  Tomorrow I will wrap up our vacation post with a few more photos.  See you manana.  Stay cool, it's a hot one out there!!!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

That pic of Clairey jumping off the log is awesome, she looks like a birdie free falling! Ha

Great post!
XO

Tammy said...

GREAT pictures!!!!!! I told Frank about the lake yesterday. I think he ignored me. lol

Dawn said...

I'm enjoying the reading of your lovely trip. Can't wait for more:)

Kristi said...

Geeps is the winner!! lol, love the pictures Kris! Looks like a great time was had by all. Great pics of the kiddos, they all look so cute!

Holly said...

I just love seeing pics of your family. I so need a vacation!

Unknown said...

Now, I know for sure that you had a very very busy week. One fun thing after another. I always knew kids really didn't need much to play with other than a few sticks and balls, their imaginations can create the rest. Some great fun captures of sweet sweet moments. All I have to say is thanks goodness for Millers Landing, I'm pretty sure they do a great business. I couldn't think of having to cook three a day for this group. Will be waiting for your next installment.

Bethany said...

They look just like our vacations - lots of people, just hanging out, enjoying food and each other. I don't need fancy places - I just need my family :)

Anonymous said...

I'm back & it's Hannah in perfect from...oops.

P.s. that was right before she belly flopped, now I remember lol

Linda said...

Looks like fun was had by all...what a realxing time you had I'm sure! We always camp in a tent and put out a huge astro turf type rug to at least keep most of the dirt outside...but the broom is always handy inside!

Debbiedoos said...

Good times, good times rock n roll!~ WOW Kris you guys had an awesome time. You really captured the moments. What a gorgeous lake that is. Thanks for sharing.

Genn said...

You got some great shots in this post!
Hannah about to belly flop was pretty cute.
And all the boys jumping off the log was funny, especially Dad's pic! Lol.

DaCraftyLady said...

some great shots of the lake and places, We sat in the same spot to eat at Millers too...Did you go over to The Forks and eat out on their new patio dining? Pretty nice overlooking the lake and they even come out and wait on you. Seeing your photos was like I had never left...we almost could have vacationed together...lol...have fun....Debb

Nancy said...

I have really enjoyed reading along about your vacation.....It looks like all had a great time. Your pictures are fantastic and captured the memories for sure....

Looking forward to the next installment....

The Tuscan Home said...

Ok, I want to go to Bass Lake...what fun!! It looks like you've all had a F A B U L O U S summer! XO ~Liz

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

What a fun family! Love the launching off the log pics! Just wanted to let you know, I was given an award today and I passed it off to you. Check it out on my blog.

Kerri said...

What a fun family trip! Bass Lake is gorgeous! I need to add it to my list of places I hope to see! The picture of your husband driving the boat doesn't even look real...the setting is unbelievable!
Glad (some) of you had fun! :)

Debbie said...

Oh Kris I have soo enjoyed hearing about your trip. I really envy ALL of your family being able to go together, and then MORE family and friends popping by for visits and fun. How perfect. You got some great pictures and made wonderful memories no doubt. Some funny stories too, but hey, they go with family vaca's huh? It's good feeling to be home and finish up that laundry though isn't it? Have a wonderful day Kris!

Debbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
deb said...

how come YOU didnt launch off that log???? was the water cold???
Looks like great memories were made!!!!!!

Denise said...

miller's burgers are my favorite!

were you all playing in back in willow cove. my in-laws have a house there on the lake. what a treat that is!

glad you had such a wonderful time making wonderful memories with your family. what a blessing that is, kris!