Monday, January 30, 2012

DONE!!!

Today after dropping Noah off at school, I got to painting!  I had hoped to bang it out while he was gone, in a little over 2 hours, which was how much time I had.  Did I get it done in 2 hours?  Nah...it never seems to go as fast as we hope.  But I did finish.  It went from this a few days ago.
To this on Saturday.
To this today.
Not very exciting, I know, but so much better than the mangled walls I have been looking at for way too long.  But since I did all of the wallpaper removal myself in both rooms, and then the re texturing of the walls, and the painting, I figure I saved about 1,000.  Was it worth it to me?  YES!!!   Now I am ready to jackhammer out my bathroom tile and lay tile.  When I told Geeps, he made a funny face.  He is used to me though.  He just may come home one night with a new bathroom floor and a rented jackhammer in the garage!
So now I am looking over magazines and Pinterest for ideas on what to do in the laundry room for decor.  I keep a butcher block table in there with our ancient microwave and Keurig Coffee Pot.  I have a coffee pot in the kitchen, but the Keurig is nice to have too, for those quick cups of coffee on the go. Just as I was wrapping it up, Gennifer and the girls came by for a visit, and shortly after they got here, Erika arrived to pick Noah up.  We all had a nice visit in the play room, and I had a bit of a rest.  Then as soon as they left, there was another knock on the door, and boy was I glad to see who was there!!
The little girl scout up the street with a wagon full of cookies!!!  Good thing I only had 8 dollars on me.  Because that was the exact amount that bought these two boxes!   Those lemon cookies are so good!!!
Geeps is on the way home and bringing something for dinner.  Thank goodness, because this Gamma is tired!  I think I will take tomorrow off, and just sit as much as possible.  Oh who am I kidding?   I don't sit for long. 
I am just so relieved that this job is now done!  On to the fun stuff now.  Decorating!
I think I am going to paint all of the cabinetry creamy white.  And I want to figure out some way to hide the back of that microwave.  That curtain above the washer and dryer, I made a few years ago to hide the ugly hoses and whatnot that were visible behind the machines.  I put it on a tension rod and will most definitely keep it.  But I will be changing out the fabric to something new and fresh. 
I also want to paint the ugly brown hollow doors we have throughout our 40 year old house.  The list is endless on an old home, that is for sure! 
Tonight.....I rest!  And watch more Downton Abbey!!!!!!
G'night.
XO  Kris

23 comments:

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Kris, that turned out so great...you did such a good job on the texturizing! I bet you are excited to do the room now! I just finished watching last night's Downton which I had recorded...I love that show!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Forgot to tell you...I follow Diana Gabaldon on Facebook, and today she started doing polls as to who would be good as the Outlander characters in a film. Today they started with Claire...think they could actually do a film? I don't know how they would ever get it in 2 hours?

Debbie Kay said...

Dear Kris,

May I have a dose of whatever gives you all that energy? Make it an extra large dose please!

Love,

Debbie

Teresa Kasner said...

Yep, I'll buy some of what gives you all that get up and go! Mine got up and went! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Gracie Saylor said...

Bravo! I so admire a job well done, and your walls are beautiful!

Holly said...

Gorgeous! I wish I had been there to help you with that huge chore. I'm excited to see your big reveal after the decorating. Are you planning on painting the cabinets yourself? Painting cabinets scares me. Miss ya!

Heather - The Good Life said...

Congratulations on finishing the painting. Not a fun task, but certainly rewarding. Thank you for always taking time to leave a comment on my blog, I appreciate it Kris. You are a sweetheart. :-)

Debbie said...

Good morning Kris! It has turned out soo nicely! Great job! I am always soo impressed with your energy and enthusiasm! BTW, hubby and I have found Downton Abbey and we are hooked! haha We have watched the first 3 episodes already. Thanks for the suggestion. Have a good day, but I think you should spend it resting...haha Oh, and the Karen Kingsbury has a online web site. All of her books are on there. The Baxter Family series (there are a ton of them) are sooo good.

Unknown said...

Now don't start another project too soon...enjoy and revel in the wonder that is your new laundry! It looks great...you did a super job!

Sunny Simple Life said...

Okay where do I start? First you have more energy than anyone I know and I am jealous!! Second it looks great and maybe a little standing chalk board or folding screen type thing to hide the micro. The cabinets will look great in white. Really brighten up the place. And last isn't Downton Abbey the best??? My daughter and I cried in the last episode.

NanaNor's said...

Hi Kris, Love the new color-so fresh and clean. Girl, you certainly keep busy! BTW, what is Downtown Abbey?
Have a great day.
Noreen

Unknown said...

It's looking great. I love the color actually. What about some updated knobs on the cabinets. But, paint would be nice too. Is that a step stool I see too.

Dang those girl scouts,you reminded me I have a few boxes arriving soon that were ordered before the diet began. Off to the freezer they must go.

Don't you just love Downton Abbey. Even Scooter does.

debbie @ happy little cottage said...

Hi Kris! I think I need a nap after reading your post!! It looks terrific! And white painted cabinets are my favorite!! I wish a girl scout would pull a wagon full of cookies to my front door...YUM!!

Kerri said...

You're right...now onto the more fun stuff! Cause removing wall paper and painting isn't all that fun! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

annielizabeth said...

Yeah! It's done and looks great. Aren't you happy??? Your plans sound lovely. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

Sandy said...

I love the before and after pictures, the wall looks great!!

Dawn said...

I think painting your doors and cabinets a lighter color will really make the space feel fresh and new:) Wish I was closer I would help you.

Claudia said...

Good for you, Kris! Our whole house - every room- needs to be painted and I've somehow managed to put that off for several years now!

xo
Claudia

Jen said...

Wow...you are busy...and so much to show for your work. Love the look and i hope to get my girl scout cookies soon too.

Nicolle said...

Our neighbor sells Girl Scout cookies. We didn't buy any this year {yet}, but I am sure still has some boxes I could buy.

I repainted our little art niche on the wall a few months ago...I mean, tiny, and it took everything out of me. ha. I'm no good at painting. I think your room turned out beautifully. I LOVE that you have a Keurig in there for on the go coffee. How fun is that! I'm definitely coming over now. :))

deb said...

what a WOMAN you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im so impressed!!!!!
omg the lemon cookies, too die for!!!!!!!
I hate painting doors, I painted all ours in our last house and it was SO montonous!!!! good luck!!!!!
everything looks great and I LOVE the idea of painting the cabinets white!!!!

Jill said...

Your room turned out great! This is the first year my daughter hasn't sold girl scout cookies, lol. Probablly a good thing because when you have close access it's dangerous! LOL I am hooked on Downton Abbey too! Have a great week!

blessings,
Jill

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Good job done, Kris! I think you did one fantastic job. Can't wait to see it when you get it all gussied up. Darn, didn't know that the lemon cookies were yummy, I just ordered 3 boxes form my nieces daughter. Oh well, maybe I'll get a knock on the door. Oh, just remembered I did. I told them I had already ordered some. Around here we order then get them later. Sometimes girls will sale them at the local grocery. Think I'll keep an eye out. I love lemon!
Hugs,
Jann