Monday, May 14, 2012

Mothers Day

We had such a nice day yesterday at my Mom's.  It was a nice warm day, and the grandkids were really excited about going to swim.  We loaded up the boat and my brother David dropped us off at the pool for a while before we barbequed.
We bumped into Geeps along the way.  He was out on the lake in the kayak.
My Mom has been here on the lake now for several years, and we have never used the pool.  It was wonderful!  They had three pools.  An adult only pool, and a large pool for all ages, and then a wading pool only 1 1/2 feet deep for young kids.  There was no one in the wading pool but us, and it was a good 20 degrees warmer than the big pool.  Like Glen Ivy, but we didn't have our rafts.
But the allure of the big pool won out, and they switched to the one where they could jump in from the sides, and practice their swimming.
They had an absolute ball!
I think it is about time to work with them on diving!  I bet I could still teach them a thing or two on the diving board! 
The big kids didn't swim, but Jake had his suit on and kept close vigil in case he had to save anyone.  The rest of us sat at the pools edge with rolled up pant legs, soaking up the glorious sun!!!
My nephew Matt picked us up by boat, and we went back to Mom's for a delicious BBQ of tri tip and all the trimmings.
Here is Nana and my girls.
My Mom and son Drew.
Me with my three kiddos.

My Mom and brother Mark and brother David.   My little brother Tim had already left.  Darn it!!
My Mama and Nana.  I LOVE this picture!!!!!

All of the Moms

 
 More boating.
Chad took us on a boat ride that would rival the Jungle Cruise at Disneyland!  We saw hippos, alligators, and more!  Here he is with his Mom, Glenda.
We had such a nice day.  On the way home, I made Greg stop at a place that my niece told me about for Hawaii Shaved Ice.  She had  brought some to my Mom's house, and oh my gosh was it good!!! 
Erika took this picture of me with the sign in the background, but we didn't take a picture of our shaved ice!!!    Trust me though, DELICIOUS!!!!!   Corona needs one of those places this summer!
So that's what we did for Mothers Day.  It was a perfect day!  What did you do?
XO  Kris

34 comments:

Holly said...

How fun! Looks like a great day. Perfect for shaved ice. Glad you had a great mother's day. P.S. You are so darned cute!!!

Debbie said...

Well I can say your day just sounded and looked glorious....How I would love to have that house on the lake. It's perfect. We had tri-tip too. Sooo good. Glad you have a good day Kris!

Unknown said...

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it.... You had an absolute fabulous day. With all the trims and a big dip in the pool. Yes, it's going to be a summer of diving lessons. They are ready. My fav is Nana with a brew-ski. That's we call Corona here in Da Bears Country. Shaved Ice had to finish off the day perfectly.

Bethany said...

I used to love sitting in the wading pool. It kept you cool and was good to sit in like a hot tub.

Genn said...

Great pics.

Fun day!

Love that shot of Gma and Nana too!!!

Sinta Renee said...

I love seeing all of these photos... everyone is having so much fun! What a beautiful day!

The Tuscan Home said...

Looks like a great time! =) You are adorable! =) xo ~Liz

NanaNor's said...

Hi Kris, Oh how I love that setting-what hubby would give to live on a lake!!! Loved seeing all the pics-especially of all the moms. Kris, I tell you I think you look just like your girls-hard to know you're their mom. Also, have to make sure that your Shave Ice had ice cream in the bottom of the cup under the ice. We love it, can't get enough when we are in the islands. Our favorite place has lots of different flavors ice cream as well as syrups to go on top....ummmmm. Your making me want one, of course it is in the 80's here today.
Hugs, Noreen

Gloria Baker said...

what nice pictures Kris! I love pools because I love swim here is so cold now becausr is autumn! Im glad you had a fun time an love yoit nana:))

Nicolle said...

Love the picture of all the moms, and the one of you with your 3 "kids"! :) All the pictures are great, and that lake is so pretty. I always love when you post pictures of it. I'm glad it was a good day, topped off with shave ice....my favorite! Happy Mother's Day to you.

xo.

Pammy Sue said...

That looks like a wonderful Mother's Day! Your scruffy brothers are good-looking guys. They look like my type. Hee-hee. Of course, I'm all ready taken...I'm just sayin'.

I'll have a grape shaved ice! YUM.

kathy b said...

I love shaved ice~!!

We went to church together. then I slept and had to work night shift....but lots of treats at work from grateful families!

Dawn said...

What a fun day, looks like your Mothers Day was a blast. Love the pic of your Mom with the beer, what a hoot. Liking your hair longer too:)

Tammy said...

What a great day!!!! I love all the pictures. Especially the one of you and your kids. =)

Patty Marker said...

How much fun it looks like you guys had. What lake is that on? It looks like the perfect Mother's Day.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

This really does look like the perfect day, Kris...just a wonderful family time making memories!

Katie said...

Happy Mother's Day!

What fantastic Photos, of all of you!

Sunny Simple Life said...

What fun. Glad you all were together. Guess what I found a mouse running around in my coop tonight. I made Dean go after it but it got away. He set a trap. He was grumbling poor guy about some dumb chickens and how much work they have created.

Gracie Saylor said...

Kris, thanks for sharing your special gathering of moms and family. We enjoyed warm sunny weather up here too, but Mt. Hood is like an upside down snowcone because of its white cape of snow(:

Teresa Kasner said...

Wow, your MD was fabooooOOOooo! How nice to live on water like that and all the pools.. heaven! Love all the family pix.. you have a good looking bunch.
((hugs)), Teresa :-) OH.. the little building behind our house is our garden shed, it's full of "stuff" right now but I want to clear it out and make it a little charming place.. not sure where to put all the STUFF tho! LOL!

Mereknits said...

What a beautiful way to spend your day. You look so happy being with your wonderful family.
Hugs to you,
Meredith

Pam said...

What a great day! All of the photos are so cute but I really love the one of your mom & grandma. So cute!

Unknown said...

What a fabulous place and such a beautiful family!! Lucky you!!

Claudia said...

Sounds and looks like a lovely day with family. Oh, that water looks so good - both the pools and the lake!

xo
Claudia

~Niki~ said...

what a fun day!
great pics kris!

priscilla said...

Such a nice Mothers Day ! You are so lucky to have both your Mom and Grandma still with you ! Beatuiful family ! You are so blessed !

annielizabeth said...

What a lovely day you all had! Love shaved ice. The LA Zoo has great ones. Was lookin' to get a shaved ice maker from Target the other day. Fun!

DaCraftyLady said...

Looks like you had a very special day...loved the photos...

Jill said...

Kris,

What lovely pictures of a couple generations of beautiful ladies! :-) Looks like a wonderful day! Couldn't beat the weather either! Happy belated mother's day!! Enjoy your weekend.

blessings,
Jill

Debbiedoos said...

How fun Kris!~ You sure did have a fabulous day and the weather looked perfect, as did that cold beer the ladies were sportin! Have a great weekend.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Kris, sounds like you had a perfect day. I loved seeing all of the darling pictures of you and your family. How wonderful that you still have your mom and your Nana.
Hugs,
Jann

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Kris, not only was the setting perfect, but your family is so cute! Glad to know you had such a fun day! You deserve it!

xx
Becky

Robyn said...

What a wonderful Mothers day!.. You are so blessed.
Robyn

Grammy Staffy said...

What a beautiful family and what a fun Mother's day you all had. I love all of the family pictures. I want some of that shaved ice. We had some in Oahu and loved it. Is that store in our area?

I am glad that you had such a lovely time. You are blessed to still have your mom and grandmother. Hugs, Lura