Friday, April 17, 2015

My "Meredith Shawl" TaDa

Good Friday morning to you!   I finished my "Meredith Shawl" recently.   I call it my "Meredith Shawl" because I saw the pattern for it on my friend Meredith's blog.  I have continued in my quest to become a real knitter.  I have completed a couple of decent projects now, and am enjoying it very much.
This is just straight knitting.  You add two stitches every row, until you get to the size you desire.  I put a crochet trim on it.  Now I am wishing I had made that trim a little bit longer.
I enjoyed making this from the first stitch to the last.  There is something so comforting about having a soft 
heap of yarn on your lap.
  
We took a long car drive a couple of weeks ago to attend our niece's wedding up in San Luis Obispo.  I was glad that I was able to finish the shawl on this trip, as I wanted to gift it to a dear friend of mine that I would be retiring with her husband, and moving to a small village in Mexico for an adventure of a life time.
I actually enjoyed making this so much, that I am thinking about making another one.  I had to borrow a friend's 40" cable for my circulars to make this.  So I need to buy one of those first.
I know I have been very sporadic at blogging.  I feel badly about that.  I have been very busy, but am also having some computer issues that make it kind of hard to do a blog post right now.
Over Spring break, I let Noah have a few friends over for a Skylander party.  He was so excited!  The boys were all perfectly behaved!  They each brought their own collection of Skylander figures, and spent the entire
three hours playing their game on Wii.
It was the cutest thing to watch for this Grandma!  He has chosen such nice friends.
They took a short break of cookies and Capri Suns to recharge their powers, and then straight back to their game.
While two boys were taking their turn with the controls, the others played so nicely with their Skylander guys spread out all over the place.  I think I had a smile on my face the entire time.
I was so glad that I got a photo of all of the boys together.  It was a fun afternoon for Noah, and for me!
I had the girls over one day on Spring Break to make Easter cookies.  I only got a photo of Clairey though, as  Hannah was more interested in watching Noah play Skylander!  I know...I was shocked!
I also recently celebrated a sort of big birthday!  My husband sent me the most beautiful roses.  They got prettier every day.
I am now an official SENIOR!  GAH!  So now when my Mom wants to drive through McDonald's after an afternoon of our shenanigans for a "senior cup of coffee", I can also get one for myself.  I admit, I used to refuse to place the order!  But it's not so bad.  Come on Mom, let's go get coffee!!!!
I got such thoughtful gifts from my children.  Genny and Jake got me a diffuser for essential oils.  And oh how I love it!
Erika got me a gift card to Lowe's.  Which is still burning a hole in my wallet!
Drew got me the prettiest outdoor pillow.  He knows how much I love birds!
His darling girlfriend Christine, got me some much needed gardening supplies.
She didn't get me the jar of dog bones!  That is Dusty's supply.  He makes a mess with them, so he has to have these outside.
With birthday money from my Mom, I got myself a new chaise lounge for the patio.
Time to wrap this up.  I have a busy day ahead.  We are leaving at 4:00 tomorrow morning for a mini vacation to New Orleans.  Mom's Christmas gift to all of us.  Mom and all of my brothers, and spouses.  We went a few years ago, and had the best time.  I will also be meeting up with my friend Teresa who is already there on a vacation with her daughter and sisters!!!!
Catch you later!!!  Be Sweet!
XO  Kris

22 comments:

Mereknits said...

Your shawl is amazing!!!! I love it and I think you should make another one on your trip so you can think of me while you are seeing such an incredible place. I have never been but I want to. Happy Birthday dear Kris, your friendship warms my heart. Give Teresa a big hug from me, and hopefully she will give you one from me too. Have a fantastic time.
Meredith

Home Meadows said...

Hi Kris, it looks like life is keeping you busy. Happy belated birthday. Enjoy your trip. Heather

Home Meadows said...

P.S. Love the shawl! :-)

Patty Marker said...

Have a great time my friend and let's all get together when you get back!

Unknown said...

I have been planning to make Meredith's shawl too....yours is lovely!

Gracie Saylor said...

Happy Birthday, Kris!!! It is so good to catch up with some of your news:) I'm sorry you've had computer problems and know how frustrating they can be. Your Grand times looked like fun. Your shawl is a beautiful gift that will be treasured. I am imagining you having a wonderful time on your trip and am so excited that you and Teresa plan to meet up!!! Blessings to you and yours xxxxx

Dawn said...

It was nice to catch up on what's happening in your life. Have a great trip and Happy Birthday!

Deb~in~Denver said...

Love the shawl! It's so pretty, such a thoughtful gift for your friend.
Noah and his buddies are all smiles! What a nice looking group of boys.
Glad you had a great birthday!! Have a wonderful time in New Orleans! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

xo

Gloria Baker said...

Kris your shawl is absolutely beautiful!
I love to use in a wedding when the night is more cold, look beautiful! You are an artist!
BTW the kids look absolutely happy!!
xo

Unknown said...

Beautiful Shawl Kris! :)

Dogwood Lane Rambles said...

Happy Birthday and may I just say that those senior discounts are not so bad once you get over the shock! Hope your mini getaway is wonderful.

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday! Beautiful flowers!
I always love seeing pictures of your patio and back yard. How is your garden going...I am always very jealous when I see all your wonderful veggies. We are working on the side of our yard so I can start a garden this winter. I am pretty excited!!

podso said...

The shawl is quite an accomplishment. It looks so nice and the contrasting trim sure makes a pop when you wear it in different ways. A wonderful gift for your friend.

Jill said...

Beautiful shawl Kris! Happy Birthday belated, looks like it was truly wonderful! Great pictures of the children. Have a great time on your trip!!! Safe travels!

Blessings,
Jill

Teresa Kasner said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Kris! I'm so sad that we didn't get to meet up in New Orleans. :-( We just had too short of time there at the same time. I hope you had a good time there, we sure did! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Unknown said...

Looks like you have been having a ton of fun with your grandkids lately. Don't you just love that? You are getting topnotch at knitting, I miss it, should find a project.

What day was your birthday? Mine was the 11th. Sounds like becoming a Senior wasn't so bad after all! Ha....been there awhile, I turned 69 on this last one.

Doing better on the Beta Blocker but so looking forward to getting Dr. help this next few weeks.

corners of my life said...

Your shawl makes me wish I knew how to knit . . .

Poppy said...

Happy Birthday, Kris! You got some precious gifts; enjoy them! Your shawl is very pretty, and I like the way you have crossed it over on the mannequin. Lovely!!

Have a great week!

xo
Poppy

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Happy belated birthday to you, Kris! Happy birthday to your grandson. His part looks like a happy success!

I love your shawl and your BD gifts.

I just blogged about my trip to New Orleans-- lol--but we went in February!

Bee Haven Bev said...

Beautiful shawl!!

Julie Bagamary said...

Your shawl is beautiful. The bird pillow is great as well. I too like birds in art.

Janeb said...

M-am căsătorit cu dragul meu soț în ultimii 12 ani fără să rămân însărcinată, iar fibromul a fost problema. Am luat diferite medicamente prescrise, dar nu am putut să le vindec, dar soțul meu era atât de încrezător în mine și mă tot încuraja că într-o zi cineva mă va numi mamă. nu s-a odihnit căutând o soluție de la diferiți medici, tot ce au putut vedea a fost o intervenție chirurgicală și mi-a fost frică de asta, o prietenă din cabinetul meu mi-a prezentat doctorul DAWN ACUNA, ea a spus că Dawn acuna a ajutat-o ​​când avea tubul blocat și a ajutat-o ​​și ea. multe dintre prietenele ei să conceapă,
I-am scris imediat pe Whatsapp, mi-a promis ca ma ajuta dupa ce i-am explicat totul, mi-a dat niste instructiuni care am facut totul perfect conform instructiunilor, la 3 saptamani dupa tot am fost la spital si doctorul mi-a confirmat sarcina in 1 saptamana dar chiar acum am copilul meu frumos.
*Dacă vrei să tratezi infertilitatea.
*Daca vrei sa ramai insarcinata rapid.
*Dacă vrei să-ți întorci iubitul.
*Dacă vrei o căsătorie pașnică.
*Dacă doriți să tratați boala canceroasă.
Și mulți alții îl contactează pe Dr dawn acuna pe Whatsapp:+2348032246310
E-mail: dawnacuna314@gmail.com