Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Toys for Tots

I found this neat thing last weekend at The Alley. It is a set of tiny books, each cover is a letter of the alphabet. And they are magnetic on the outside edge, so you can line them up, form words, or whatever. And they each open up to reveal a few examples of words for that particular letter. I broke these out today for Noah to play with. Big hit!
Reading.


Opening and closing, and lining them up.
Here is another must have for anyone who has toddlers. A Raffi CD! When my kids were little we had a couple of these, and they loved to dance and sing to Raffi. He is a French Canadian award winning children's singer. If you go to Barnes & Noble, you can use the head phones to sample each CD. You can't go wrong though with any of them. We got one for Hannah for Xmas, and then I bought this one for our house for the kids. Erika burned it to have in her car too. Check it out.



I was taking out my Spring and Easter stuff today, and Noah helped! Here he is putting the colored wooden eggs in the fake grass. I gave him a cardboard egg container and he spent an hour putting eggs in and taking them back out of that container!
And for hours of fun, give them a bucket and a bunch of plastic eggs! He had a blast!!

3 comments:

Anita Lasher said...

Cute photos, and Raffi, I loved him.... Where did all of those years go?

XO
Anita

Kelly said...

I have never heard of Raffi.. guess I'll have to get a CD for Derek. He loves to dance. Noah is getting so big! He's a cutie!

Amy said...

I can remember singing Raffi when I was in first grade. I loved it! I need to get one of those soon. Can you email me your phone number?...I can't get close enough on the business card to see it. Thanks! (kima03@aol.com)