Friday, July 24, 2009

My Sweet Hubby!

I was in the bedroom putting away laundry just now, when Drew came in and said, "Mom, have you been in the freezer lately?" I said, "No, why?" "You gotta come see this!" So off I went to the kitchen. Drew had big smile on his face and said, "Open it." I did, and this is what I found!
Greg left last night for a fishing trip with his buddies Kevin and Marc. Our friends Kevin and Maryrose were supposed to be leaving for their annual fishing trip up in the Sierras and Maryrose wound up having to stay home at the last minute. So she encouraged Kevin to go, and he asked Greg and Marc to go along with him. I was actually glad he did, because I wanted him so scout it out for us. We tried to go up with them last year in October, but wound up having motorhome troubles about 30 minutes from home and had to turn around and go home, missing out on a fun weekend in Paradise with the Kelley's. So....I was over at my Mom's when he left last night, and didn't see him off, but apparently, he snuck this into the freezer for me. My favorite treat is frozen yogurt from Golden Spoon! He often goes to get me one after dinner, and he knows I almost always get the same thing, being the creature of habit that I am......cake batter with carob chips. So...what a surprise to find this today, with Drew's help! I will enjoy it tonight after Noah goes to sleep. ( I am babysitting for Eri and Jer )
Thank you honey!! You're the best, and yes, it IS better than flowers!!!!!
PS He calls me "Buns" or "Bunny" or "Bunnigan" most all the time. Oh, and sometimes "Puddin" Don't ask...........
And the grandkids call him "Geeps."
: )

13 comments:

Lauri said...

I remember reading an article entitled, "my husband never brings me flowers" but went on to expound on the many ways he expressed his love even without flowers. I love that he knew exactly what you'd love to have! What a great husband.

Debbie said...

What a sweet guy....I love it

Genn said...

He is a sweet guy. He's a sweet father. AND a great Geeps! How cute.

everyday katie said...

THat is So sweet. I love it. You married well.

deb said...

how funny, my hubby left this morning for Colorado to go fishing with friends:)
I got no yogurt!

Katie said...

he's a keeper!!!! and i can't get over on how he never ages!!!! that was super sweet, ice cream is the way to many of our hearts. i ate golden spoon on my wedding morning for breakfast :0 it's so good!!

Maryrose said...

I'm sure Kevin was thrilled that Greg and Marc got to go. I hope he enjoys it because I would love for us all to try that trip again. I have tried not to think about missing Twin Lakes, but I did pull some old pics.
PS
I didn't get yogurt either.. boo hoo.

Katie said...

I'm at home now as I speak ;( I needed a least a few more days in CA!! I wish I had a chance to see you and the girls and your grandchildren again, I truly am bummed about that. And, we got home late last night to a brand new backyard that didn't get water and is mostly dead ;( Sean was up all night with a case of the stomach mishaps, and my house smelled too!!! Humpphhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I want to come back!!!
I will try to be back to Donavon's Wedding in October, so I will be able to see everyone again ;)

Kelly said...

How sweet! And yes, that is better than flowers! And I love his nick names for you. Jason calls me Buns too, lol!

Amber said...

What an awesome hubby! What a great example of love... it's no wonder you have amazing kids! They have a mommy and daddy who truly love eachother!

Erika Johnson said...

Aw Dad is a good man! I always said I want to marry someone just like my dad & this is one of the many reasons why! Hope you enjoyed your g.s. & thanks again for babysitting for us friday night!

Kristi said...

Mmmm, yummy! What a sweet hubby you have! I hope he had fun with my Dad, flat tires and all!! Greg is so great, I bet he sniffed when he put that yogurt in the freezer!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

How sweet is that Buns?? lolol I remember you telling me that when we worked together one day. but you didnt tell me abou the Puddin. Are you holding out on me?