Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Julie & Julia

If you love to cook, or even just like to cook, and you know anything at all about Julia Child, then this movie is for you!! I could not wait to go see this movie. I am a "Foody" and love to cook, and I love Julia! But I also love Meryl Streep! Her performance alone was brilliant!! But the movie was so charming, and a pleasure from start to finish. Stanley Tucci was great as Julia's husband, and the two actors that played Julie and her husband were also great. I snuck away to see it Friday afternoon, the day it came out. I want to go see it again. I only have one of Julia's cookbooks, but I plan to buy the one that this movie was regarding too. I think I may even cook my way through it like Julie did!
I hope you go see this movie, and if you already have, what did you think?

11 comments:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Hi Kris,

I am so glad to know someone who saw the movie - I loved Julia so I want to see it too.

Your trip to Big Bear looked wonderful!! That's my kind of vacation!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

hugs, Linda

everyday katie said...

Funny enough, my husband is the Julia child fan. He's a spectacular cook and even brought one of her cook books into our marriage. He's dying to see the movie

Lauri said...

I saw it with some friends last Saturday night and loved it. We all came out saying it was a DELIGHTFUL movie. So much fun!

Pam said...

I going to see it next week with some friends - I can't wait!

Erika Johnson said...

I thought of you when I saw the previews for this! Glad you enjoyed it!

Genn said...

Going on Friday!

Kristi said...

I can't wait to see this movie!!!

Debbie said...

I LOVED IT....It was just my kind of a movie....cooking and blogging and what I call a "diligent worker" type of movie where the characters are working throughout the movie to accomplish something worthwhile...I LOVE Meryl Streep and she doesn't disappoint. I definitely want to see it again... Did I mention I liked it?? haha

deb said...

Im in CT, and my daughter and I saw it yesterday,loved it, we wanted to get home a COOK!!!!!!

Kris said...

Deb...I wondered if you were away! How fun! I am going to buy that book and cook through it...well some of it!

Maryrose said...

I can't wait to see it... my mom asks everyday when am I going to take her. I will have a date with the mothers next week to finally see it. Couldn't wait before and after all the glowing reviews I am more excited to see it now. Love Julia and love Meryl... oh and Stanley Tucci is HOT.