Sunday, December 27, 2009

Twas A Very Merry Christmas!


We had a really nice  Christmas, with festivities beginning on the eve of Christmas Eve, with Cousin Donavon coming by to bring gifts for all.  We call him our Family Goodwill  Ambassador.  Don brought Noah these nifty electronic drum sticks!!!  OH THANK YOU DONAVON!!!  And just wait til you and Kaylen have kids!!!!!!!   No, seriously, they were really cute, and Noah loved them.  And honestly, they weren't TOO loud!  .  



On Christmas Eve morning, my brother David and sister in law Glenda came over to pay a visit and bring more gifts to the grandkids!    Genny came over with the girls, all still in jammies, (it wasn't even 8:00 yet) so no pics of anyone else that morning.  Boy does my brother look like my Dad in this picture!!!!


Then Erika and Noah and Jeremy came over and we gave Jeremy his gifts since he had to "protect and serve" both Christmas Eve and Christmas night.  Noah helped Daddy open gifts, and we got this remote control Tundra for the both of them to enjoy..


Christmas Eve, my Mom and Nana came to enjoy a Mexican Fiesta with us.  We let Noah open up his gifts from us because they were to go to Jeremy's parents on Christmas morning before Jeremy had to go to work, and Noah was going to "the others" so we weren't going to be seeing him on Christmas Day.  He was very excited about opening presents this year, and he loved everything, especially his cars and trucks!!!
My Mom got the kids looking out the window for Santa.  It was the cutest thing.  At one point, we had sent Drew outside, and he was making noises and Ho-Ho-Ho'ing and the kids would get SO excited!!  Hannah kept saying, "I hear him."  So cute!
Then, later than night after we had stuffed ourselves silly, and the wrapping paper was cleaned up, the kitchen was tidy, and most people were going to bed, we went to the 11:00 p.m. service at church, Greg, Drew and I.  It was really beautiful.  The music, the message, and even bumping into my dear friends Sherri and Dave.  We got out of church about 12:30, and came home to stuff stockings and make sure all was ready for the morning.  
That next morning, Greg and I got up about 7:00, and started the coffee, and read the paper..  Gennifer and Jake and the girls arrived about 8:30, and Hannah woke Drew up who had stayed the night.  And then the festivities began!!! 





Drew found his new accoustic-electric guitar, and Gamma had to make the gorilla bread and put in the oven to bake while we opened gifts. And little Claire needed a bite too.

Then, the opening of gifts.....Hannie loved her doll house!



Gennifer liked her Cuisinart....and Claire liked EVERYTHING!  Jake liked his Boise State wear, and his golf certificates.

Greg loved his Snuggie!!!!!


Drew liked his robe and slippers!! And Hannah liked tying Uncle Goo up in ribbon.  And Erika loved her Popcorn Popper and Uggs!

We enjoyed a delicious breakfast of Sausage and Egg Bake, French Toast Stratta, and Gorilla Bread, and orange juice in the fun little glasses that Ally sent to me.  It says....Optimist/Pessimist, with a line drawn between the two words. 


A cute picture of The Hass Family.. 

Santa left a WII FIT PLUS under the tree.  Hmmmmm...wonder what Santa is trying to say????  And after breakfast we all went into the den and did some yoga, and snowboarding, and exercises to the WII Fit.  It weighs you, tells you your BMI..and so on. Guess who didn't get on that thing?????  Yep, ME!!!!  Christmas night we went to Gennifer and Jake's and had leftover Mexican food, and watched The Hangover..  A RIOT!!!  
Yesterday,, Greg and Drew and I went to see Up And Away.  It was good, not great.  But entertaining.  And then we went to the Verizon store and I got my new ENV3 phone.  I have joined the land of the texters, and with the a keyboard on your phone, it is much easier!  Greg says I am Techno challenged, and I might hurt myself with this new phone.  But so far, I love it!!!  
I hope all of you had a very Merry Christmas with your loved ones!  We sure did!!!  Now...let the new year begin!!!!!





12 comments:

Genn said...

Cute pics. There are more than one in there though of me that I could do without. :)

Amy said...

Looks like you guys had a very good Christmas! I found the markers at Michael's...thanks for the info and I love them. I would love your recipes for your breakfast bake and french toast strata...your recipes are always so good! I am going to make your gorilla bread this week :)

deb said...

looks like you had a great Christmas, and that gorilla bread...to die for!

Unknown said...

Sounds like your Christmas was just wonderful. The pics of your grandkids looking out the window for Santa were just darling. I just LOVE that age. I must have missed the gorilla bread recipe so I am going to go back through your posts and check. NOT that I need to eat another thing I shouldn't be, haha I have been quite naughty the last 3 days. Time to get back on the old diet. I'm with you, bring on the new year...

Debbie said...

Sorry Kris that last comment was from me. I was signed on under my son Joe's goggle account apparently. Such a dork...haha

Katie said...

Great photos, made me feel like I was there. Jonathan got a Snuggie too from Santa, it was the only thing he asked for ;) he said that Santa would "know" what he wanted.

Lauri said...

Sounds like another fun family holiday...great food, great company, great gifts. Fun for all. Merry Christmas!

Kelly said...

I love it! Sounds like a ton of fun!

everyday katie said...

picture perfect!

Erika Johnson said...

Mom cute post & I do oh so much love my new 2 right feet uggs lol all tho I do NOT love the picture of me with my double chin :( Perhaps it's time to start hiding the sees candi & your homeade fudge from me...

Kristi said...

Awe, great pictures. Looks like you guys had a really fun Christmas!! Love the pic of the grandkids looking out the window for Santa, precious!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Great Christmas!! With little ones it's even better.
Hey Kris, I looked at Michaels for those markers but didnt see them. What are they called??? Can you tell me so I'll know what to ask them for?? I had coupon in hand last week and no one knew what I was talking about. There on amazon but dang they are expensive!!
I'm glad you had a nice Christmas with the kids Kris.