Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentines

Yesterday, Geeps and I went to GRANDPARENTS DAY with our sweet little Hannah Faith.  She was so cute, and so proud to show us all around her school.  We met Miss Angels, and we had a specially prepared snack in the classroom, and then we received a special Valentine made by Hannah.  After that we went outside to do a craft.  We painted a ceramic pot and then planted flowers.   We finished up with some playing on the playground, and then had a delightful lunch at Panera afterwards.  I regrettably did not bring my camera because I thought they would be taking photos there at school, and I wanted to focus all of my attention on Hannah, without being busy taking pictures.  But gosh I wish I had brought it now.  Here is our Valentine and special pot that we planted our flowers in.
 
Thank You Hannah!! Gamma and Geeps had such fun with you at your school!!  We LOVE you!!!!

Today I got a special delivery, from my special Valentine!


Aren't they pretty!
Now......it seems that just about eveyone who blogs has a lovely little Valentine How We Met story, or some other fun little thing going on for Valentine's Day.  But I discovered that my niece Katie (actually she is my cousin, but she calls me Aunt Kristy, and I refer to her as my niece because she is only a couple years older than my oldest daughter Gennifer, and she is very close to my Mom, who she always calls Aunt Diane.  There have I explained it sufficiently? ) has posted a very ummmm shall we say unique Valentine post today about my MOTHER!!!!!!  First, before you go to Katie's blog and read this post, know that my mother and father were married just shy of 50 years before my Dad passed away 6 years ago.  He was the love her life, and she was his.  My Dad placed my Mom above all others, and always treated her like  a Queen.  Their love was magic.  They wed as teenagers, against all odds, and raised 4 kids and helped raise my mother's little brother, Katie's Dad, Johnny.  Growing up, our house was THE place to be.  We had a wonderful family life, and I grew up knowing that I wanted the same for myself when I married.  At any rate, my Dad passed away after a very brief illness with a form of lung cancer called mesothelioma.   To anyone who knew him, he was something special. To me and my brothers, he was the finest man alive!  To my Mom, he was the world.  Losing him has been incredibly difficult for all us, but especially my Mom.   So, when you go see Katie's fun post about my Mom, know that there is a lot of love in it, and a little jest too, just for fun.  Katie loves my Mom. She wants to "hook" her up in the worst way.   She would be a great catch, that's for sure.   So, in the name of love, what the heck......go check out Katie's Blog. 
 

11 comments:

Lauri said...

Another reason I'm sad I live far away from my grandchildren. What fun for you.

And I love the post of your niece/cousin (I have the same situation so I know what you're talking about). If it works, I may have to have her do a Lauri give away (hehe)

Lauri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

Oh I hope the crying has died down & the coughing too, & more laughing! It's all in good fun & in hopes, HIGH hopes, that maybe a love story will unravel, or at least a fun date. Yes, I'm just obsessed with setting Aunt Diane up in the worst way & have dusted off my running shoes just in case I have to make a run for it ;)
Happy Valentines Day!

Debbie said...

I LOVE Grandparents day...though I haven't gone as a grandparent yet. My kids schools as they were growing up did them every year. And the post on your parents had me in tears, like I said, a sap for a good love story. And who knows? Ya just never know...have a wonderful Valentine's week-end.

Anita Lasher said...

OMG! She is pimping your mom out. How clever is she. Boy if I were a witty widower I would apply. The sales pitch is wonderful and I just might put out an all points bulletin here in Mountain Home. "Calling all Witty Widowers". Maybe I will but her link on Harmony.com I hear there are a couple of free days in the name of love. XO Anita

Genn said...

Pimping Grandma out! Oh my word!

Beutiful flowers "bunnigan"

Sheryl G. said...

Hi Kris! It sounds like you and Greg had fun at Hannah's school for Grandparents Day! That is so special! I love the flower pot you made. Enjoy your Valentine's weekend.

Tawny said...

Ahhh, that is so sweet, the words you said about your mom and dad.
That grandparents day is so cute! I bet Hannah LOVED having you there :)
Happy Valentine's day!

deb said...

Oh I cannot wait til I get to go to Grandparents day, I did not even know there was such a thing....what a fun day...

My mom got married at 74 to a wonderful man she met on her senior bowling league...we are thrilled to have him in the family...so keep the faith!!!!

Kelly said...

pretty flowers! it's fun to get them in the mail! and love that v-day pillow!

Maryrose said...

Pretty flowers and what I fun day with Hannah. I used to love all of those days when the kids were little. They always had so much fun having "their people" join them at school. First of many school day memories.
Any action on your mom?