Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Snickerdoodles

This morning when Noah woke up, I said "good morning Snickerdoodle."  To which he replied, "I NOT a Snickerdoodle! But I want a Snickerdoodle!"  So he talked of nothing else until I made some.  We shop at fresh & easy a lot and buy the little brown bag of Snickerdoodles all the time.  They are SO good.  The boy knows his Snickerdoodles!
Don't worry Erika...I made him breakfast first, and while he ate, I made the dough for the cookies.
The only ingredient in these that some people might not keep on  hand is cream of tartar.   I had everything needed, so I whipped some dough up and put it in the fridge to chill.  Then baked them up.
Don't forget to roll them in cinnamon sugar first.
Mmmmmmm...can you smell them yet?
These are one of ( Oh who am I kidding?  I love all cookies!) my all time favorite cookies, evah!!
Come on over for a cookie and I will have the coffee on for us!
PS  Tonight I said goodbye to the Little B's.  They are going to go live with my gardener, Santiago.  He has other chickens and a rooster.  If they don't start laying eggs a little better, they could very well be Sunday dinner!!!   Now I only have my little 5 chickens.  All very close to reaching laying age.  In fact, should be within a month now.  In the spring I will be getting 7 more, for a full house of a dozen hens.

17 comments:

Holly said...

Goodbye to the B's. Hopefully, life will be more pleasant without them. The cookies look divine. Think they will still be good in Sept?

Debbiedoos said...

You do plan on bringing some of those over right? Those are ALL our favorite cookie. My sons band program every year sells cookie dough and we can't get enough of these. Yours of course look way better.

From the Kitchen said...

I probably shouldn't have clicked on your post when I saw "Snickerdoodles". Now I am craving them in the worst way and missing our younger son who loves them as well!! I think I have some cream of tarter.

Best,
Bonnie

Cathy said...

I would love to drop by for coffee and cookies, Kris. This is one of my family's favorite cookies too. I'm going to whip up a batch for the weekend when my daughter and her family come to visit. I hope you will give me an update on your blogroll so I don't fall of the end and am never heard from again. LOL

Debbie said...

Good morning! Yes! I can definitely smell them....yum...How I love Snickerdoddles...sooo good. Sounds like a good plan on the chickens. Hope you have a wonderful day....

Unknown said...

My fav too. Hey, are you going over to Debbie-Do new patio too. I can't wait to see you there. And by the way, if you think those are going to make till your vaca next week... think again, my sweet friend. I'm guessing they will be long gone by Friday.

Anonymous said...

I'm putting in a special request for under the glass domes...veggies. I need to stay AWAY from da sweets

The Tuscan Home said...

That's it, I'm coming to your house! You've been making the best dishes all summer long. I'm drooling over here, Kris, drooling, I tell you! ;)

Thanks for sharing...now I need to go whip up a batch for the kids, oops, I mean mom!! ;) XO ~Liz

Genn said...

Now you made me want a cookie do go with my coffee!!
Think there will be any left to bring to BL????

Tawni716 said...

Yum!!! Those cookies look soooo good!!!! =)

Nicolle said...

Thank you for such nice words to me this morning. You put a smile on my face! :)

Now I might have to get a cookie today. Those look so good. I really love your cake/dessert stand that you have in the last picture. So pretty!

adsgram said...

Gotta bring a little something 'extra' to a BBQ this weekend for my Mom's 81st birthday...now I know what it will be! LOVE Snickerdoodles! YUM!!!

Kerri said...

Your cookies look so pretty in the glass stand! You're such a good grandma!

I went to Kohl's and they didn't have the dress. I was so bummed...I was hoping to take it on my trip with me. I checked online and couldn't find it either...what the heck?!

Pam said...

I wish I could come over for coffee and a cookie. Snickerdoodles are my favorite!

~Niki~ said...

YUM! I made p.b. cookies (2 batches) last week. They were gone in 2 days~not hard with a fam of 6.
Hey~do let me know how you started on raising chickens. i really want to learn but have no clue how to start. hmmm

Whosyergurl said...

Kris, Could you please overnight some of those snickerdoodles to me? Thank you.
Our chickens seem to be the very same age. I brought mine home on April 23. They were 2 days old. We just learned for sure that we now have TWO Roosters. Do I get rid of one or let them duke it out? So far my little B's are minding their manners. I have two. Note I said "so far."
xo, Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Hello! Those cookies look delicious! Might have to try making some of those :)