Saturday, January 14, 2012

Watcha Doin' Saturday

Hello there.  I am sitting down here with a steaming hot cup of coffee after spending the morning doing some shopping.  I needed new skivvies and bras.  Got em'.  Not the most fun thing to spend money on, but boy are they nice to have!   After my trip to Kohl's, armed with my coupon from Kirkland, I went in to buy something I had seen in their sale add.  It was exactly what I was looking for, and what a steal!  I needed something else on the wall above the sofa.  The picture I have hanging in the living room is also from Kirkland, but a year or so ago.  I fell in love with the colors.  So warm and rich.  Just the colors I have in my living, family and kitchen.
I still have a few more things to do in here.  But I am getting to where I like it. 
Now I am eager to do the crown molding in here.  I want to try it myself.  Any suggestions on that by anyone who has done it themselves?
Ducey loves to watch the world go by from this chair.
I do a lot of my blogging from this chair in the corner with the ottoman.
This is a peek at my inspiration piece for the spare bedroom I am working on.
LOVE the colors!!!
Geeps is golfing today, and I had every intention of finishing this wallpaper removal, but after my shopping I  just didn't want to dig into that.    We are going to friends tonight for dinner.  She is from Peru, and is cooking a Peruvian meal.  Yum!  She calls me "GRINGA".  Always Gringa, never Kris.   We go back a ways, Armenia and I.  We don't get to see one another as much as we would like to, so we are really looking forward to spending the evening with her and her husband Ken.
And last night we had a delightful evening with my brother David and his wife Glenda at TAPS.  Oh my goodness did I have a delicious meal!  Mahi-Mahi on a bed of mushroom risotto, with a gruyerre cheese on top, finished off with baby greens!  Oh WOW!!!!!    If you are going to be at TAPS anytime soon, and you want to try something other than their ever delicious Miso Marinated Chilean Sea Bass, which I LOVE, I recommend the Mahi-Mahi dish!!!
Well, I guess I better go take off my chicken pants and get into something a bit more presentable for our dinner date.
XO  Kris

18 comments:

Patty Marker said...

Glad your having so much fun. I love the colors in your inspiration fabric. Hubby moved all the furniture upstairs to my new craft space so the next couple of days will be putting it all back together. Enjoy your evening out. Patty

Nicolle said...

Love the colors and your new wall hanging. Beautiful!

Oh gosh, we were at Kohl's the other day and Boyd saw bras and yelled, WHAT ARE THOSE?! :) Me and my sister about died. ha.

Actually came by your blog to see about your homemade granola. Was just telling Kevin you had a recipe up and I wanted to buy the stuff tomorrow to make it. Do you have to cook it in the oven, or do you just mix it and go? Maybe I missed something. I'm using your list of ingredients. Can't wait to make it.

xo.

Gloria Baker said...

Dear Chris I missed you but I cant come some days, (a lot of things) I really enjoy your post, love the colors and all look beauty:)

Kerri said...

What am I doin' this Saturday evening? Snacking on all my Trader Joe finds!! LOVED that place! I didn't get the chocolate covered raspberry sticks...only because I am not crazy about the jelly stuff. That might be the ONLY candy I don't care for! I did get the chocolate covered pomegranite seeds!
Your valance is beautiful. Looking forward to your room reveal...once hubby finishes up that wallpaper. ;)

Whosyergurl said...

Love what I see of your house...looks lovely. I LOVE that chair. I would cuddle up and read there, too.
Enjoy your "date!" Duggles took me out tonight (to one of those Asian buffet places) and I wouldn't change out of my work-out pants, t-shirt and hoodie. I said "it is snowing and cold and I don't care!" Of course, I saw someone I knew! xo, Cheryl

Sunny Simple Life said...

AH new under garments are the best. Boy mine are looking pretty bad. As for the crown molding the corners are the hardest. Dean had a friend from work do ours and he helped but he had all the equipment as he used to do it for a living. I have heard of Kirkland. We don't have one near us. Maybe we could go there when we come down your way sometime.

moonstruckcreations said...

Love the colours you are using, these are my favourites too.

Hope you all had a lovely time with your friend.

BTW Im having a giveaway on my little blog, I do hope you will pop over and take a look!

Helenxx

Holly said...

I hate shopping for bras! It's pure torture for me. That probably explains why mine get so raggedy before I replace them. Nice, huh? LOve the new pic over the sofa, it's so you and you know I love those colors too. I've had the same mirror over our loveseat forever and i do love it, my dad gave it to me but sometimesi wish I had some color up over there. Hope you had a great time last night, wish you could come over for dinner! Tonight I'm making Jennifer Hudson's Veggie Lasagna from Weight Watchers. No noodles. Brian will be eating sloppy Joe's. Love ya!

Unknown said...

Love the colors in the painting...very cool!
No hurry on that nasty paper...maybe it will just fall off! lol Oh, sorry!

Petunia Pill said...

I have those EXACT SAME sconces on my walls! LOL Kirkland's, I think. And...stop...I buy my undies at Kohl's too! Love that picture in your header! So serene looking! Hugs, Annette

Katie said...

Where is the pic of your scivies?? ;)

Linda said...

Ahhh...new undies...hate shopping for them...but I love them! We did the crown ourselves in the bedroom but had too much trouble in the living and dining room so we had our neighbor help us. It best to have two people...one to hold and yes the corners are harder...just go on-line...there are lots of tutorials out there!I like the colors you have chosen...very warm!Enjoy the day!!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Kris, I went shopping with a friend Saturday also. My hubby had gone fishing. Usually NO fishing in January. This year is so bizarre. I spent the rest of the day working on my Valentines Day decor. Love your picture. Yes, the colors are very warm and inviting. Your meal sounds so delicious. How fun to have someone else do the cooking for a change.
Jann

Grammy Staffy said...

What a fun day you had yesterday. I am glad that it turned out better than the day you pealed off wallpaper all day.

I bet your dinner with friends was lots of fun too. Shopping at Kohls and Kirklands is one of my favorite things to do....and eating with friends is the other...so it sounds like a great day to me.

Your home is so charming. It looks like you. Have a great week. Don't work too hard. Hugs, Lura

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Lovely finds, Kris! Just wanted to tell you I got out my Pioneer Woman cookbook and made the pulled pork for the family last night...and it won't be the last time...yummmmm

Pam said...

I love the colors in your home... so pretty! The new picture looks lovely up above the couch.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Kris I haven't redecorated in years and i would not know where to begin. I like your warm earthy color pallette and the painting your chose is lovely. I visited a Kirkland store once in Arizona and I always wished we had one here.

Your dinner sounded good! I like Mahi-Mahi.

deb said...

everything looks so warm and inviting!!!!