Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter

Easter has come and gone.  The weather was gorgeous!  Warm and Sunny!   It was a casual, eat outside kind of day.  I  had tables tucked up in the shade underneath the trees.
People were everywhere! 
 I love this picture of Nana and my Uncle Joe.  Brother and sister, having a bottle of beer.  He is 100, and she will be 98 in August.
You can't see it in this photo, but Nana has a bottle of Corona too!!!  Gotta love it!  Could be the answer to their longevity???
The young Mama's.
Soon they were circling like sharks, as the aromas from the meal were wafting about the house, and reaching the back patios.  So I enlisted the help of my brother and few others to get the food to the table.
We had quite a spread of delicious food!!!  Including my Mama's hot macaroni and cheese, and Southern pecan crusted sweet potatoes, and a huge pot of baked beans...all on the stove top.
Here they come.....my hungry guests!  Get a plate, and fill it up!
The thin ones are always first in line!  Soon it was elbow to elbow.
So yummy!   After we ate, the little one's were just dying to have their Easter Egg Hunt!  So while they played in the front yard with the Mommie's, the guys hid the eggs.  Then out they came, running like crazy with baskets flying!  

 Here they are, all lined up with their loot.
And then, the highly anticipated game.  Chicken Poo Bingo!!!  That's right....oh yes we did!!!
Greg painted the Bingo grid with chalk, and we had gotten some Bingo cards for everyone to use.  The ante was 5 dollars.
Money was flying, and Bingo cards were passed out.
As the excitement swelled, they gathered around the pen where we had arranged for the chickens to gather.

The bingo cards and markers were ready and waiting.   Waiting for the chickens to mark the board.

I threw some scratch and pieces of fruit down on the board, and sure enough.....BINGO!
Before long...we had a winner!
My nephew Matt won the whole pot!!!  With 30 people buying a card at 5 dollars each, the pot was quite a win!!
Please don't call PETA!!! There were no animals hurt during the process of this game!!  I love my hens, and would never harm them!!!!  They had fun, and can't wait for the next game!!
If you come to our house for a party, bring your money!!!
We had scrumptious strawberry shortcake for dessert, and I didn't get a single picture.  We also had a yummy ricotta cheese pie that Santina's Mama made for us.  Santina is Italian, and her Mom is a fabulous cook!  DElicious!
It was a fun filled day.   The only thing that would have made it perfect, would have been if Noah was with us all day!  He was with his Dad, but luckily he arrived just before everyone left.  My Mom got the kids an Easter basket and inside each basket was a can of silly string.  Oh my gosh, did they ever have fun with that!!!!!  I wish she had still been there to see them with it!


This one of Noah just slays me!  That tongue out in concentration.....dimple showing, and hat askew!!!
What a wonderful day!!!!!    After everyone had gone home, Greg and I had a little rest sitting outside as the sun was setting.  We talked about our many blessings, and how very dear our family is to us!!!!
I hope you had wonderful Easter too.
XO  Kris

28 comments:

Cheryl said...

It looks like it was the perfect family day...even the chickens looked like they were having fun. Such a blessing to have so much family around. What a great post Kirs!!! (hugs(

pembrokeshire lass said...

What a wonderful day. So glad that the weather was good as well! Lovely family...great food (wanted to meantion the food at the beginning but then you would know that food is very important to me!!) Joan

Gloria Baker said...

what nice and wonderful time dear! I know was a fun and nice times!! well done dear! hope you doesnt work so muchj LOL (Iknow, I know,..)

Mereknits said...

You might be the best Grandma alive!! What a fun, fun day. If your blog friends are invited over count me in!!! I'll bring money for sure.
hugs to you,
Meredith

Nicolle said...

What a great day. I loved seeing all of your pictures. Love that first one with the pretty blue tablecloth and the table under the trees. Also, Nana and Uncle Joe....LOVE that photo, and that they are both enjoying a beer. That is adorable. Everything looks wonderful and I'm glad it was a good Easter for you friend. xo.

Unknown said...

Love the chicken bingo! What a cute idea! You sure are a wonderful grandma to create so much fun for everyone!!

NanaNor's said...

Hi Kris, Boy oh boy do your throw a party. Seeing your pics made me wish I had taken pics-I'm so bad. We all had a great time too. I think you would have liked my dessert.
Your bingo game was crazy! Loved seeing your nana and great uncle.
Have a wonderful day my friend.
Hugs, Noreen

Sinta Renee said...

Oh my gosh! You know how to have an Easter party! How many people were there in all! They all look like they were having a fabulous time Kris! And your bingo game was a crack up!!! I am in the next time:) xxoo

Nicky said...

What a fabulous day and chicken bingo looks to be a hoot! You are very blessed. xx

Teresa Kasner said...

Kris.. you have what everyone wishes for.. a happy family full of love who knows how to party! Good for you! We had some fun too! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Debbie said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! Your nana and great uncle just look wonderful! I am dying to know how you make the so. pecan crusted sweet potatoes, they just sound soo good. The chicken poo bingo looks like loads of fun. I bet everyone got a big kick out of that. Glad everything went so well. Yes Kris, you are very blessed indeed.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great get-together. Of course, my fave pic is the one of your nana and uncle!

Jill said...

Looks like a wonderful Easter celebration filled with laughter and love! Love the chicken game that is just too funny! :-) Ages 98 and 100! Wow, I think they deserve a little Corona here and there...lol That is awesome! So much history to share with the family!
Always great to visit you Kris!
Have a great week!

Blessings,
Jill

Unknown said...

Just in from the pool and online for the first time in many days. Full on Vaca mode here. But, knew I had to check in for your grand Easter, which of course looked perfect. So, much to catch up on before calling it another day at the beach...he-he....home on Sunday, so I will get back to normal then. Off to have a peek at what else I've missed here.

Dawn said...

I am still cracking up at Chicken Bingo. Who thought that up???

Deb~in~Denver said...

Looks like a wonderful time! Love the picture of your Nana and Uncle Joe. I have a picture of my Grandpa on his 95th birthday, also holding a Corona! I think there is something to that longevity thing. ;) Noah's face is adorable, concentrating SO hard! The girls looked so cute. You sure know how to throw a party! Love the Bingo game, that made me laugh!

Deb

Katie said...

How fun is that!! What a Beautiful Easter Party, Chicken Poop Bingo and all!!

May I steal that photo of Nana & Uncle Joe off this post??

Holly said...

Perfection! So glad you had a great Easter.

Whosyergurl said...

Kris,
Your home looks beautiful, YOU look beautiful, the food looks delish...the kids all had fun...all your family...CHICKEN POO BINGO? Oh, my!
You are truly blessed!
xo, Cheryl

Pam said...

What a wonderful day you had! Glad you enjoyed your Easter. Now take it easy and relax. What's next for you?
Have a great week!

Genn said...

What fun!
Loved your pictures!
Chicken poo bingo was hilarious.
We should make that an annual thing.
Thanks for such a great time!
We all enjoyed the day.

Gracie Saylor said...

It was finally warm enough here to turn off the heat and open the windows, but we had our family gathering inside, and had fun...but no chicken bingo. (: I'm so glad you had multi-generati onal time to treasure! <3

Cathy said...

Hahaha...chicken poo bingo! You made me laugh out loud, Kris. How wonderful to have your family all together for Easter. It looks like you had a perfect day all around.

Pam said...

I love the last photo of Noah! Too cute. You sure know how to throw a party lady. What a great day!

Val said...

Wow....looks like you had a wonderful Easter. Love these pics.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Kris, looks like you had such a fun Easter. Your family looks like they really know how to have a great time. Food looks yummy as usual. Love, love the chicken game. We are here in AZ. Our daughter cooked us a fantastic Easter Sunday dinner. No kids yet, so it was just us four. We have been having alot of fun and enjoying the extra warm weather.
Hugs,
Jann

priscilla said...

What a great hostess ! Looks like such a fun filled Easter !

Robyn said...

What a wonderful Easter!!! God Bless Your Nana and Uncle Joe. What blessings they both are!.. The food looked so delicious I wished I was there. LOL and I have to tell you I giggled out loud at the Bingo game.. I LOVE it!! What a fun day you all had! Thanks for sharing this with us :)