Thursday, July 9, 2015

Helloooooooooo Out There????

Hi everyone.  Or at least, anyone who still might come visit my blog, after such a long absence.  I am sorry for being gone for so long.  I am having computer problems, and blogging became more chore than fun, and I couldn't do it.  I am still in need of a new computer, and when I get one, I will be back in the saddle again.  Until then, it will probably be sporadic posts.
I know it has been a couple of months since I have posted.  Summer is in full swing here.  We started out hot, hot, hot!  A lot of humidity.  And this week has been so pleasant.  I am still learning to use my embroidery machine.  And still haven't learned how to download designs to my flash drive.  Greg promised me that we would get that figured out this weekend.  As I look back at some of the things I have embroidered, I can sure see how much I have learned along the way. 
I put this sailboat design on a canvas bag that I have had for a long time.  I use the bag a lot, and thought the sailboat would make a nice nautical addition.
I have made some baby blankets.  This one for my nephew and his wife, who are expecting their first baby this December.  We didn't know her name yet, but now I do, so I can do some personalized designs.
 And one for a little boy, a first baby for co worker of my husbands.  
Lots and lots of hand towels, and cloth napkins.  The below towels were done before I learned how to properly use a topping, to keep the embroidery design from getting lost in the nap of the towel.
These two below were done using the topping.
I did a set of soft yellow napkins with this sweet strawberry design.
I was asked by a friend to do some ball caps for her husbands business. This freaked me out, as I knew nothing of how to do a hat!!  I researched, and then proceeded to practice on every hat in my possession. 
 I learned that certain things such as hats, and towels, and heavier fabric items are done with a technique called, "floating" the item on the hoop. 
I agreed to do the hats for my friend, and worried myself silly.  But they turned out great!!  I don't have a photo, as they are also on my iphone.
I am doing a quilt along with Lori Holt's new book, Vintage Farm Girl.  I am enjoying it so much.  She posts two blocks a week, on Friday.  I am all caught up with my blocks.  The one on the top right, I had to redo.  I placed a piece in upside down. 
The blocks are all so fun to make.  I am having so much fun with it!
Also from Lori's book, I made the Silo and Barn table runner. 
 I backed it in a fun cow print.
I recently found an old flour sack at a thrift store.  I loved the faded old fabric.  I washed it, and removed the stitching, squared it up, then added a lightweight fusible stabilizer to the back to give it more body.
The fabric is such a fun and happy print.  I can't decide what to do with it, and I don't want to waste it.  It is only about the size of a fat quarter. 
Another recent thrift find, at one of my favorite places, is this pair of beautiful boots! They reminded me of a pair that Ree Drummond (Pioneer Woman) wears, that I fell in love with. 
The reverse colored appliques on these boots are so pretty!  I cannot wait to wear them.
The colors are the exact same as my boho poncho I made last Fall.
I got six new chicks.  They will reside in the little playhouse coop until they can be integrated with the other girls.

They are all feathered out now, and have an extended outdoor play yard attached to the coop for the day time.  This is all within the main coop/run., and the established hens are getting to know them through the fence.
 I am trying to catch up with all of you.  Please don't give up on me.  I will be back. I promise.  And thank you for all of the sweet messages, wondering where I have been.  I have missed all of you too!!!
Tootle-Loo....for now.
XO  Kris

30 comments:

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hey Kris! So good to see you back! I have missed YOU! Love all the projects you have been up to and those darling chicks, not to mention those 2 pairs of awesome boots! Fun stuff Kris! Hope your computer keeps on working for ya! xox

Between Me and You said...

ALWAYS great to 'see' you, Kris. You've been a busy little bee!! Great projects and those boots were definitely made for walking! I love them. Hope to 'see' you again very soon. x

From the Kitchen said...

I've missed you! Periodically I check your blog but found no update. Now I know why!! You've made some beautiful item!! Just so you know, I wasn't really complaining about our rain or the coolness of our weather--especially when I realize how hard it is in much of the country. I never even considered that you would have to give up your beautiful garden this year!! Here is hoping that the drought will end soon!

Best,
Bonnie

Dawn said...

Good to see you back girl, I follow on IG so I can keep up with what you're doing. All the stitching and quilting is beautiful!

podso said...

Wow! You lead a full life. You've been busy. I love what you do with the hats, and the table runner is amazing. Good for your to be so determined to learn the embroidery and every piece looks great to me. I hope you continue to have a wonderful summer.

Dogwood Lane Rambles said...

I can see that you've caught the embroidery bug for real! Welcome to the club, I admire your go for it attitude. You have certainly been busy and I love seeing all that you've been up to. Computer problems are the bane of my existence so I can certainly relate. Post when you can and your cyber friends will be happy.

crochethuahua said...

Your embroidery is exquisite.

Gracie Saylor said...

Thanks for checking in with me, Kris! I have missed you, too, and appreciated reading your comment on one of my last posts. [I was going to email you... :) ] I love seeing some of your latest sewing projects...Wonderful Work !!! And it is fun to see the newest little members of your flock. After a long stretch in the 90's we are finally back down to the 80's for awhile but still dry...strange for Portland! Hoping you get your computer woes sorted out soon. I am still trying to figure out Instagram after posting my first photo there. Wishing you and yours happy days xx

Jeanna said...

Nice to see you in blogland. However, I follow you on IG and really feel like I keep up pretty good there.

You are doing great on your machine embroidery. The proper stabilizer and the proper AMOUNT of stabilizer is crucial to a nicely finished design. It takes practice and you have made great progress. Floriani has a great resource on their website that provides good instruction on which types of stabilizer to use for specific projects. I'll find the link and email it to you over the weekend.

NanaNor's said...

Hi Kris, It's so good seeing you back here; believe me I understand how hard it can be to squeeze in blogging-especially with all of your activities. Love all you new projects and embroidery; love the boots. Our summer weather has been so weird this summer,but seems maybe we'll have a week of nice weather. I've missed you girl, but understand and hope you manage to squeeze in posting in the coming weeks. Sending love your way!
Noreen

Jill said...

So great to see you back! I've been sick so just now posting more and visiting. I love all your beautiful creations! You have certainly been busy :-) New chicks are so adorable. Those boots are gorgeous, what a great find! Have an amazing weekend.

Blessings,
Jill

priscilla said...

Hi Kris!
Love all your embroidery and quilt projects! New chickens.. Wish I could have them here! Are you doing your garden this year ?

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Your beautiful creativity is inspiring, Kris...glad you are enjoying life! I haven't been posting much either...summer is all about family here, and I don't want to miss a thing! Enjoy your summer!

Sharon said...

I marked this day on the calendar! Ha ha. Loved seeing all the embroidery you've been doing. You do lovely work. I miss your posts. You're such a down to earth gal!

Betsy said...

It was so good to read and catch up with you Kris. You have been a busy girl. It trying to catch up on blogs but I think I may need to just start from here. I'm still not great but on the mend. My heart is beating and that's a good thing right?!
Blessings,
Betsy

mynestofyarnandbuttons said...

Hi Kris, I'm still with you! Love your post and good to see you. I'm still on break but will be back too! LOVE your squares!!!!!
xoxoRobin

corners of my life said...

Turns out your embroidery machine has been a great purchase. I love all you projects.

Mereknits said...

Hi Kris, I have been away from blogland myself and I have been missing you. It sounds like your summer is going very well. I love your new stitching and your amazing new boots. Sending you a big, big hug.
Meredith

Kerri said...

Hi Kris! You are a sewing machine! (get it?!) You always keep so busy with things you enjoy....makes me think I need a hobby too! Love your boots...what a great find. I think your fun flower fabric would make a really cute half apron. I know you'll find something creative to use it for...just don't forget to show us! :)

cynthia lee designs said...

Just found your blog and we have something in common. I love machine embroidery too...today I just put a design on a lab coat for a girl that raises bunnies. Love the boots!!
~Cindy

Unknown said...

Nice and interesting pst!
hotmail password change

Susanne Tyree said...

Hi Kris. Like you, I have been absent for longer than I intended. Last time I checked you had gotten the embroidery machine and started to play around with it. Well, I do say I can see where you have been practicing and definitely seeing an improvement. How nice, you have to be proud of yourself. I know I would be if it was me. The Lori Holt book, she is Bee In My Bonnet isn't she? I have that new quilting book and I absolutely love, love, love it! I tucked it away back in March when it arrived and now have to search for it. I am presently teaching myself a lesson. I am trying like crazy to knit and crochet up most of my yarn. I have warned myself not to buy anymore (well at least not for the remainder of the year). I made a deal with myself to make scarves for charity, winter is coming and I will send them to a mission that feeds and cares for the homeless and poor. Then, I will get my sewing machine humming.
(((HUGS))) Susanne :)

Patty Antle said...

Hi there...Well, I'm surely inspired with all of your creative treasures you have been working on. Love the embroidery - what an amazing machine! And the quilting is just lovely. So nice to catch up with you!

Pam said...

There you are! I am glad to see all is well in your world. It looks like you have been busy being creative. Love, love, love those boots.

Unknown said...

oh Kris! Love your boots, AND the poncho you made!!! ♥ ♥ ♥

Unknown said...

Wonderful to see you back (we have both been MIA's.) so good to catch up with you. Looks like you are having a wonderful summer. Love all your creations with the embroidery. And those boots are to die for...I can just see us fighting over them at the thrift..ha! I have big feet, they would never fit me!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Summer is such a busy time, Kris, and blog posts and visits have slowed down for many.I'm gla dyou've been having a good summer and enjoying all your crafts and garden. I love all your embroidery items--what a fun attachment to use! The boots are very pretty--you always find such great things when you go thrifting!

Val said...

I love the poncho......I hope you are having a wonderful Summer.

deb said...

I LOVEEEEEEEE that poncho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and those boots wink wink!

Janeb said...

M-am căsătorit cu dragul meu soț în ultimii 12 ani fără să rămân însărcinată, iar fibromul a fost problema. Am luat diferite medicamente prescrise, dar nu am putut să le vindec, dar soțul meu era atât de încrezător în mine și mă tot încuraja că într-o zi cineva mă va numi mamă. nu s-a odihnit căutând o soluție de la diferiți medici, tot ce au putut vedea a fost o intervenție chirurgicală și mi-a fost frică de asta, o prietenă din cabinetul meu mi-a prezentat doctorul DAWN ACUNA, ea a spus că Dawn acuna a ajutat-o ​​când avea tubul blocat și a ajutat-o ​​și ea. multe dintre prietenele ei să conceapă,
I-am scris imediat pe Whatsapp, mi-a promis ca ma ajuta dupa ce i-am explicat totul, mi-a dat niste instructiuni care am facut totul perfect conform instructiunilor, la 3 saptamani dupa tot am fost la spital si doctorul mi-a confirmat sarcina in 1 saptamana dar chiar acum am copilul meu frumos.
*Dacă vrei să tratezi infertilitatea.
*Daca vrei sa ramai insarcinata rapid.
*Dacă vrei să-ți întorci iubitul.
*Dacă vrei o căsătorie pașnică.
*Dacă doriți să tratați boala canceroasă.
Și mulți alții îl contactează pe Dr dawn acuna pe Whatsapp:+2348032246310
E-mail: dawnacuna314@gmail.com