Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Easter Celebration

Hello again!  I told you I would be back!  We had the family to our house for Easter this year.  It was a smaller group than usual, only about 20.  Some of you are gasping right now, I know.  But our usual gatherings are in the 25-30 range.  The weather was beautiful, and everyone had a really good time.  At least, that's what they told us. 
I had pinned a tablescape last year on Pinterest that I just loved.  A couple of days before Easter, I decided I wanted to duplicate that photo.  At least my version of it.  I was really pleased with the outcome.  The original had an apple green buffalo check runner.  I couldn't find buffalo check in apple green, but I found this pretty green dot fabric.  The bunnies I had, and the basket I had.  I did purchase those two ceramic vases, and used them for the candle holders.  I didn't find apple green pillars, but I found some in the right color that are battery operated.  I love them too.  They cast a flickering glow on our family room every evening from about 6-10.
 The chocolate bunny pillow I made.
 The quilted carrot I had made several years ago, and I still love it every year that I pull it out.
 I had a friend give me a bag of these pretty eggs with ribbon ties on them.  So I went into the grove and picked up some branches and stuck them down into some florist foam, setting all in an Easter tin, and topping with grass.  I distributed the pretty eggs throughout the branches for my Easter Tree.  I loved it.  The quilt on the rack behind it, is one I had made for our local quilt shop as a shop sample, and only got that returned to me recently.  I thought it was fitting for Spring.
I made a huge fresh veggie platter to snack on.  It was so pretty on a bed of lettuce, with a cabbage head hollowed out as a bowl for the dip.
 I also set out a platter of red grapes, and a block of gouda cheese, with some mounds of prosciutto alongside.  Some sesame crackers to have that with was perfect.
And then some Caprese bites, made with mini mozzarella balls, and fresh basil, and grape tomatoes, cut in half, and put on a toothpick.  I drizzled some olive oil and balsamic vinegar on top.  Yummy!

Desserts were lemon cream pie, pound cake with strawberries and real whipped cream, cinnamon crumb cake, and some little coconut nests that I made.
Our meal was delicious!!  My Mom made a fabulous herbed salmon that we served ice cold.  She also brought the ham.  And I made potato salad, roasted asparagus, and everyone else brought the salads.  We had fresh fruit salad, broccoli salad, deviled eggs, and Mom's cream potatoes.
The food was delicious! 
The kids had their Easter Egg Hunt in the backyard.  Hannah got the most eggs, and Claire found the coveted Golden Egg!!





Mom hid a Golden Egg in the house, for the grownups to find. 
Gennifer was the winner of that!

Although I never got any photos of our desserts, we enjoyed them outside with our coffee as the sun was setting lower. 
A few family photos were taken.
My brother David, always the jokester, trying to get a picture with his Glennie.  She hates to have photos of herself taken!  Can you tell?

 Nephew Chad.
 Niece Deanna with her Fiance George, and Greg.
 Greg and I with son Drew.
 Drew with his new girl, Irina.
 Mom and her friend Dan.
It was a really fun day.  I spent the next day home in a chair, doing nothing.  But I am raring to go again after a little rest.  I hope all of you had a lovely Easter too.
See you soon.
XO Kris

11 comments:

NanaNor's said...

Hi sweet friend, Loved sharing your Easter-we have 17 of us with both girls families and that seems like a big crowd-but you really have a huge crowd. Love the vege platter with the cabbage holding the dip. We had gourmet cheese and crackers, ham, brisket, broccoli salad, potato salad, butternut squash salad and lots of desert. Loved the time. You look so good Kris. Family makes life so wonderful.
Have a great Thursday!
Hugs,
Noreen

Billie Jo said...

Yay!
You're back!!!
I know I am going to LOVE visiting here!
Your Easter looks beautiful.
Your decorations are so festive.
Lovely photos of a lovely day.
Have a cozy week. : )

Debbie said...

Everything just looks WONDERFUL Kris! The girls are getting sooo big! Haven't seen pictures of them in a while I guess. And your food?? Well that all looks beyond yummy! YOU were a busy gal I can tell, but family sure makes it all worth it. Glad you enjoyed it all! I am going to be resting for a couple of days now I think, lol.

Betsy said...

Oh my goodness Kris! I can't believe these pictures. Everything is so beautiful. How do you get so much done? The salads, the trays of food, the desserts! I've got to try those balls with the cheese and the tomatoes, I can't remember what you called them! But they sound absolutely yummy. Everything does. And your family pictures! Oh my! Dennis and I spent the day alone and the thought of having so much family around is just wonderful. I love seeing all of the smiling faces. Thank you for sharing your day with us. It looks like everyone had a wonderful time.
Blessings always my friend,
Betsy

Teresa Kasner said...

Hi Kris! Wow, you threw a fabulous party for the family! Your potluck of dishes made my mouth water! And so pretty it all was too! Now I'm craving deviled eggs. :-) We got our chicken house in place, I posted about it on Monday. We got an automatic door closer which Dayle installed so it closes the hens inside nice and safe every night. Although we have the chicken run well-fenced, too. Can't be too careful. Your family all looked like they were having a fabulous time. Thanks for sharing it all. Very inspiring. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Bethany said...

What a great shade of green in your table-scape! Your Easter looks like ours--I bet you and my mom would get on very well. Similar food, similar decor loves, similar family things (egg hunts, 20 guests a small party, haha!).
So glad you're back to your blog.

Pammy Sue said...

Everything looks to be straight out of a magazine! The decorations! The food! Looks like a perfect Easter gathering. I can't believe how much everything looks like summer in your yard. Beautiful flowers and green everywhere. Lovely! ♥

Gracie Saylor said...

Hi Kris! I'm so glad you all had a good celebration and I appreciate you sharing it. We had some egg hunting at our house, too, and Sarah found her first egg :) Your vegetable tray was so pretty. I have never used a cabbage to hold the dip before, and I love the idea. I admire the beautiful stitching you have done, too. xx

Happy Room Diana said...

Just found your blog and Easter looks so great think I'll join you next year, no idea where you live and I live in the uk so my guess is the journey is out of the question, but hey I can dream.

Unknown said...

Hi, I loved finding your blog...I am a knit/crochet lover. I really like your ear warmers..I have tried several patterns but yours are so lovely...do you sell the pattern? if so I would love to purchase. thank you . Peggy Metz

Janeb said...

M-am căsătorit cu dragul meu soț în ultimii 12 ani fără să rămân însărcinată, iar fibromul a fost problema. Am luat diferite medicamente prescrise, dar nu am putut să le vindec, dar soțul meu era atât de încrezător în mine și mă tot încuraja că într-o zi cineva mă va numi mamă. nu s-a odihnit căutând o soluție de la diferiți medici, tot ce au putut vedea a fost o intervenție chirurgicală și mi-a fost frică de asta, o prietenă din cabinetul meu mi-a prezentat doctorul DAWN ACUNA, ea a spus că Dawn acuna a ajutat-o ​​când avea tubul blocat și a ajutat-o ​​și ea. multe dintre prietenele ei să conceapă,
I-am scris imediat pe Whatsapp, mi-a promis ca ma ajuta dupa ce i-am explicat totul, mi-a dat niste instructiuni care am facut totul perfect conform instructiunilor, la 3 saptamani dupa tot am fost la spital si doctorul mi-a confirmat sarcina in 1 saptamana dar chiar acum am copilul meu frumos.
*Dacă vrei să tratezi infertilitatea.
*Daca vrei sa ramai insarcinata rapid.
*Dacă vrei să-ți întorci iubitul.
*Dacă vrei o căsătorie pașnică.
*Dacă doriți să tratați boala canceroasă.
Și mulți alții îl contactează pe Dr dawn acuna pe Whatsapp:+2348032246310
E-mail: dawnacuna314@gmail.com