Monday, April 30, 2018

Mom's Birthday

Hello out there in Blogland!  It has been almost one year since I have last posted.  There are lots of reasons for that.  Some good, some not.  I am going to try to post more regularly.  I miss it, and I miss all of the blogs I followed.  It is a great documentation of our lives.
We celebrated my Mom and my Niece's birthday yesterday at The Crab Cooker.  A favorite restaurant of my family.  There are a lot of us, and even when some can't make it, it is a crowd.  We like to gather on the bench out front.  Usually we have a glass of wine, and shrimp cocktail while we wait for everyone to arrive.



This is my brother Mark, he is getting us both a shrimp cocktail.
We stacked the gifts and cake in the big scale, and began to assemble ourselves at the long table that they usually set up for our big group.


We made a toast to the birthday girls.  My hand is in the photo, but that is all, since I took it.


We had dinner, and good conversations, and then cake.  Our family is notorious for singing "Happy Birthday" very, very badly.  And it would seem, that over the years, some (I'm not naming names) have contributed to that more than others.  At any rate, it is horrendous.  Imagine 25-35 people, singing Happy Birthday To You, all off key, and somewhat, in the round, inSIDE a restaurant!!  What must people think of us!!?


The cake was a red velvet pound cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes.  Yummy!


We had a lot of fun, as we always do.  I know one thing for certain......all families, big and small, have their ups and downs.  But the older I get, the more I know for sure, that family is EVERYTHING!!!  No one will ever love you more, or forgive you more, than your people. I am grateful for mine. So very grateful!!!  Tomorrow is not guaranteed.  Live!!!  Celebrate!!!!  Tell the ones you love, that you love them.
Happy Birthday Mom and Deanna!  May we be blessed with many more celebrations of life!!!
XO  Kris

11 comments:

Betsy said...

Kris!!!!! You’re back! Yippee! I Think the birthday party looks absolutely wonderful. I loved seeing the photos of your family since I’ve missed them for a while. You’re right. Family is everything. We certainly miss ours , being so far away from all of them. I’m so glad to see you back in blog land and I can’t wait to catch up with what you’re doing these days.
Blessings always my sweet friend,
Betsy

Gracie Saylor said...

What a treat to see "Simplify" at the top of my blogroll, Kirs!!! I am so glad you have a big family that gathers and sings in public in celebration...a lovely tune :-) After the death of my brother-in-law a year ago and recently spending three months with my oldest sister while she recovered from surgery and started chemo I have been realizing afresh how important it is to tell the ones you love, that you love them. Thanks for posting!!! May you and yours be blessed through the ups and downs of life xxxxxxxxxx

La Table De Nana said...

Family IS everything..apart from one brother..I have my immediate family..the world to me.I can't tell you how fortunate you are to have your parents..and they look great! Are you 12?:):)

Jeanna said...

What a wonderful celebration. You are so right, family IS everything. Our family isn't nearly as big as yours but we do make the most of our time together. I keep up with you on IG but it is also nice to see you blog. Now...how about more of that beautiful garden??? LOL

Bethany said...

Oh I DO hope you blog more! I've missed you!

Holly said...

What a trooper you are! Back at it. So glad to see your beautiful family and loved the insta story of your family singing (just wow!). Love you and miss you!!

Dogwood Lane Rambles said...

Lovely to hear from you again Kris! Catching up with you and your beautiful family is such a treat. I have not posted to Dogwood Lane Rambles in two years as life has a way of getting away from us doesn't it? Still I too miss my blog friends and enjoy knowing your still out there.

Linda said...

So glad to see you back Kris! 💋
Happy Birthday to Mom...she looks great☺️
Cheers!
Linda :o)

Mereknits said...

I was so glad to see your comment on my blog and now here you are back again. You have been missed my friend, and might I add you look fabulous. Congrats to the birthday girls, family that sing off key is the best!

janie said...

Missed you, glad you are back!!!

Family is important, enjoy Janie

Janeb said...

M-am căsătorit cu dragul meu soț în ultimii 12 ani fără să rămân însărcinată, iar fibromul a fost problema. Am luat diferite medicamente prescrise, dar nu am putut să le vindec, dar soțul meu era atât de încrezător în mine și mă tot încuraja că într-o zi cineva mă va numi mamă. nu s-a odihnit căutând o soluție de la diferiți medici, tot ce au putut vedea a fost o intervenție chirurgicală și mi-a fost frică de asta, o prietenă din cabinetul meu mi-a prezentat doctorul DAWN ACUNA, ea a spus că Dawn acuna a ajutat-o ​​când avea tubul blocat și a ajutat-o ​​și ea. multe dintre prietenele ei să conceapă,
I-am scris imediat pe Whatsapp, mi-a promis ca ma ajuta dupa ce i-am explicat totul, mi-a dat niste instructiuni care am facut totul perfect conform instructiunilor, la 3 saptamani dupa tot am fost la spital si doctorul mi-a confirmat sarcina in 1 saptamana dar chiar acum am copilul meu frumos.
*Dacă vrei să tratezi infertilitatea.
*Daca vrei sa ramai insarcinata rapid.
*Dacă vrei să-ți întorci iubitul.
*Dacă vrei o căsătorie pașnică.
*Dacă doriți să tratați boala canceroasă.
Și mulți alții îl contactează pe Dr dawn acuna pe Whatsapp:+2348032246310
E-mail: dawnacuna314@gmail.com