Friday, May 11, 2018

Thrift & Shout

I am still a thrifting fanatic.  I have a couple of favorite places that I frequent often.  The other day I found this old wood box, and galvanized strainer with star pattern, and a trivet with barn and chickens.  The strainer has already been lined with moss and planted with zinnias.
I love enamel ware of any kind.  I use these scoops for many things.  I keep one in the chicken feed bin to scoop feed to their hopper.   I use one in the garden to fill planters with soil.
Today while out and about, I found this bowl with the exact same scene as the trivet that I found the other day.
Another chicken bowl that called me name!
I found some pretty glassware.  I never pass up on large jars.  I use them in so many ways.
The pretty fluted edge glass bowl will hold the fresh fruit salad for Mother's Day Brunch at my Mom's.
I am a sucker for vintage train cases.  This one still had the name tag attached.  It belonged to someone named Clarkson.

I found a heap of yarn in a barrel.  I settled on 4 hanks of merino worsted, and one lambs wool, and a silk blend in a pretty hot fuchsia.  I also got two rolls of Aida cloth, for when I begin cross stitching!
I saved the best for last today.  These....oh my!  They stopped me in my tracks!!!  I had to have them all!!

What Dachshund owner could ever pass these up?  I had to have them all!  Greg cracked up when he saw them.
I also got a Dachshund raised feeding tray the other day.  I forgot to take a photo of that.  And today I found a set of stairs for Duke to use to get up on the bed.  Yes, I have gone Dachshund crazy.  I love him so!!!
Have you found any great deals while out thrifting lately?
See you soon.
XO  Kris

8 comments:

Teresa Kasner said...

I always get a kick out of your thrifting finds! Love the chicken bowl and trivet, how amazing to find 2 of the same pattern! And the dachshund serving ware, what a great find! We had a black and tan mini-dachshund years ago, I named her Pretzel. Have a super weekend, Kris! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Between Me and You said...

All that yarn in a thrift store?? Lucky find. The Dachshund table ware is a hoot! Have a great weekend, Kris.xx

La Table De Nana said...

Fun finds! I love second hand treasures!

Betsy said...

Good Morning Kris! I’ve missed your thrifty posts. I can’t choose a favorite find from today’s post because a I love absolutely everything. I can’t believe you found that yarn and Aida cloth while thrifting. And to find the trivet and plate with the same design is amazing. The dauchshound dishware made me laugh out loud.
It’s so good to have you back blogging. I hope you have a wonderful weekend celebrating you and your Mom my friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

Linda said...

you found Aida cloth?????
Probably an "8"....you lucky duck!
I too love thrifting...and putting them to use in their second life!
You go to the best places!!!!
Enjoy your weekend..

Happy Mothers Day!!!


Cheers!
Linda :o)

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

You always fun such fun things, Kris! Love seeing you back here!

Leslie said...

So many great finds. You remind me that I haven't been thrifting in a long time. I think I will make a point to visit some thrift stores and flea markets next weekend.

Janeb said...

M-am căsătorit cu dragul meu soț în ultimii 12 ani fără să rămân însărcinată, iar fibromul a fost problema. Am luat diferite medicamente prescrise, dar nu am putut să le vindec, dar soțul meu era atât de încrezător în mine și mă tot încuraja că într-o zi cineva mă va numi mamă. nu s-a odihnit căutând o soluție de la diferiți medici, tot ce au putut vedea a fost o intervenție chirurgicală și mi-a fost frică de asta, o prietenă din cabinetul meu mi-a prezentat doctorul DAWN ACUNA, ea a spus că Dawn acuna a ajutat-o ​​când avea tubul blocat și a ajutat-o ​​și ea. multe dintre prietenele ei să conceapă,
I-am scris imediat pe Whatsapp, mi-a promis ca ma ajuta dupa ce i-am explicat totul, mi-a dat niste instructiuni care am facut totul perfect conform instructiunilor, la 3 saptamani dupa tot am fost la spital si doctorul mi-a confirmat sarcina in 1 saptamana dar chiar acum am copilul meu frumos.
*Dacă vrei să tratezi infertilitatea.
*Daca vrei sa ramai insarcinata rapid.
*Dacă vrei să-ți întorci iubitul.
*Dacă vrei o căsătorie pașnică.
*Dacă doriți să tratați boala canceroasă.
Și mulți alții îl contactează pe Dr dawn acuna pe Whatsapp:+2348032246310
E-mail: dawnacuna314@gmail.com