Friday, June 8, 2018

Thrifting & Nana's Hutch

Hello out there!  I am trying to stay on track with some regular blog posting.  I did have a thrifting blog post for yesterday, but the day got away from me.  So here is my Thursday Thrift & Shout. 
I have been looking for a small, comfy chair for my little Knitting Nook.  I wanted it to be small.  It had to rock, and swivel.  And it HAD to be very comfortable!  I also wanted it to be pretty.  So this one ticked almost all of the boxes.  I wish this was a floral print, but maybe I can recover it in a pretty feminine floral.  It is a green/gray.  I don't love the color, but I don't hate it.  It was 169.00 at the thrift store.  I offered 50.00 and they said yes.  So I brought it home.
 I love the tufted back of the chair.  And it had been freshly cleaned
It fits perfectly in my little Knitting Nook, and I know I will be spending a lot of time in there.
Next up, another Longaberger basket.  It sits inside a metal holder.  I am not sure how I will use this one.  Possibly as a planter.

Two Fall dish mats, for laying dishes to dry on.
Two glass watering globes.
A heavy duty beach umbrella. I put it up to provide some shade for the nasurtiums.  They fry up in our hot summers!
A Patriotic utensil holder and ice bucket.
I also popped into Big Lots to see if  I could find some new cushions for my patio chairs. I didn't want to spend a fortune.  Cushions are crazy expensive!  I had remade the cushions on the patio wicker set last summer, and did them in a sort of patriotic colors. Navy blues and a red, white and blue print.  So the cushions I bought match those perfectly.
The table is a thrifted, wrought iron, glass top table I bought last summer.  I love it, but have not repainted it yet. 

Our back patio is west facing, and can be very hot in our summers.  We installed misters a few summers ago, and boy do those make it nice!!! 
Lastly, I have dressed "Nana's Hutch" for the summer and Fourth of July season. 
 I still need to find my red silk geraniums to put into the turquoise vase on top of hutch. The bunting, and firecracker stick and pom pom stick were all found at Big Lots.  They had a great selection of holiday decor for summer.
 My new thrifted Willieraye figurine from last week, looks  perfect on the hutch. 
I also found a cute burlap bunting that I hung on the fireplace.  The quilted scrap flag pillow I made a few years ago.
I put the runner I made last year at retreat, out on my counter.
The little tray you see in above photo, with the red scale I found last week.
That's it from me.  Hope all of you are enjoying the beginning of summer.  We have a lot planned here, and I will be posting along the way.  Next time, a garden update. 
XO Kris

11 comments:

Teresa Kasner said...

I love seeing what you find at the thrift store! The new chair looks very comfy. I look forward to seeing your garden update. Have a fabulous weekend! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Kelli said...

Hi there! I love seeing everything you thrift. I wish I had the same kind of luck...I have to tell you that I often think of you when I do go thrifting because of the luck you have. Your yard looks so nice decorated for the summer and your home is so pretty as always.
Hope you are having a good week.

Betsy said...

Hello there Kris! You sure find a lot of fun things at your thrift stores. The chair looks similar to the ones that were originally in our trailer. Since we bought lazy boys for the trailer, we took the trailer chairs home to the family room which is rarely used. They rock and swivel too. I love all of your finds this week. Your house looks very patriotic. It’s so good to see you back in blog land.
Many blessings my friend.
Betsy

Gracie Saylor said...

Ahhhhh a comfy chair for knitting! So appreciated, isn't it, even if it is not quite the color you imagined you most wanted. It will be fun to see if you give the floral reupholstering a try, which I would find very challenging. You would have been proud of me today. I gathered all the piles of weeds I have been digging out over the last few weeks and rolled them away in a wheelbarrow! Happy weekend to you and yours!

Mereknits said...

Great finds my friend. I would love to have a walk around your house and just explore all the wonderful things you have. Have a great weekend.

NanaNor's said...

Hi Kris, I love getting caught up here; it's been difficult to get around much lately and many people seem to have fallen off of blogland, know what I mean. I guess many are just doing instagram and fb. I have had a hard time lately with posting and also found myself really wondering if I should continue-but I didn't start it for any one other than my family. I love all your items that you have in your knitting area. I also love the figurines on your hutch.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Much love,
Noreen

Leslie said...

You hit the jackpot!! Great finds. I looooove the berry table cloth on your back porch!
The patriotic hutch is perfect!!

Happy sunday.

Connie said...

You are the queen of thrifting! I love your finds. You are smart to save $ while finding goodies that you put to use and enjoy.

Valerie Cottage Making Mommy said...

You always find the best stuff. Why can't we have those in Oklahoma?

Tania said...

I have missed your last few blog posts, so I am having a little catch up on this cold afternoon where we are.

Loved everything about this post, especially your outside area. It all looks very patriotic!

xTania

Janeb said...

M-am căsătorit cu dragul meu soț în ultimii 12 ani fără să rămân însărcinată, iar fibromul a fost problema. Am luat diferite medicamente prescrise, dar nu am putut să le vindec, dar soțul meu era atât de încrezător în mine și mă tot încuraja că într-o zi cineva mă va numi mamă. nu s-a odihnit căutând o soluție de la diferiți medici, tot ce au putut vedea a fost o intervenție chirurgicală și mi-a fost frică de asta, o prietenă din cabinetul meu mi-a prezentat doctorul DAWN ACUNA, ea a spus că Dawn acuna a ajutat-o ​​când avea tubul blocat și a ajutat-o ​​și ea. multe dintre prietenele ei să conceapă,
I-am scris imediat pe Whatsapp, mi-a promis ca ma ajuta dupa ce i-am explicat totul, mi-a dat niste instructiuni care am facut totul perfect conform instructiunilor, la 3 saptamani dupa tot am fost la spital si doctorul mi-a confirmat sarcina in 1 saptamana dar chiar acum am copilul meu frumos.
*Dacă vrei să tratezi infertilitatea.
*Daca vrei sa ramai insarcinata rapid.
*Dacă vrei să-ți întorci iubitul.
*Dacă vrei o căsătorie pașnică.
*Dacă doriți să tratați boala canceroasă.
Și mulți alții îl contactează pe Dr dawn acuna pe Whatsapp:+2348032246310
E-mail: dawnacuna314@gmail.com