Friday, January 23, 2009

" I AM "

Yesterday while my Mom and Nana and Gennifer were all over, we had the discussion about my daughter's "I AM" piece on her blog. She has a little description of herself on her blog that describes, in her words, exactly who she thinks she is. She told us that someone told her that usually when asked to describe one's self, most people say things like, " I like this, and I like that..." instead of using adjectives to describe yourself, such as I AM......stubborn, or I AM tall, etc. So, that had me thinking....how would I describe myself? I thought about it all night, and apparently, so did my Mom, because Gennifer told me this morning that she too thought about our conversation, and sent Gennifer her description of who she is. So, after some thought.......
I am Kristin, I am Kristy, I am Kris. I am a wife, a mother, a grandmother, a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, an aunt, a friend. I am fun, and sometimes funny, and sensitive. I am a little bit OCD, and I am busy. I am a homebody. I am strong and I am loyal, and I am protective. I am creative, and I am full of ideas. I am happy, and I am energetic. I am compassionate, and I am trustworthy. I am patriotic, and I find it difficult to ask for help. I am spiritual and I am emotional. I am hard working. I am the keeper of the home. I am a writer. I am a bird lover. I am a swimmer. I am far more concerned about comfort than fashion. I am a creature of habit, and I am someone who loves routine. I am thoughtful, and I am sometimes compulsive. I am impatient, and yet I am patient with my grandchildren. I am a cook, a baker, a gardener, a quilter, a decorater, a reader, a list maker. I am organized, and I am tidy. I am quick to anger, and even quicker to forgive. I am all of these things, and many more. Most of all, I am happy to be me.

11 comments:

everyday katie said...

LOVE it. Great description of your self. What a woman! Maybe I'll get to this sometime.

Maryrose said...

I love this.... I am. It is making me think about who I am. After reading who you are I must say that your description of yourself is definitely the woman I know. And best of all I love that you are happy with who you are. How many people can say that?

Genn said...

Nice post. Good I am's. Yup, you are all of those.

Lauri said...

What a great, descriptive list. You are such an accomplished woman.

I have had to re-define myself several times in my life because when I was raising my children, I always defined myself as Kevin's wife or ....'s mother. Through the years, I have had to take time to really ponder who I am.

By the way, there's got to be a better way to say you sew. Really...a sewer? :)

Kris said...

Well, I must say, this was an intersting post. It was almost like a homework assigment.
Lauri, I certainly do not consider myself accomplished by any means. Once you have lived almost 50 years, you can just say I am, about a lot of things. About sewing. I thought of putting I am a seamtress, but I'm not. I have never even put in a zipper for heaven's sake! I sew. I sew quilts, I sew pillow, curtains, purses, etc...but I am not a seamstress. If you can some up with a better term, let me know. I could have just said quilter too, but I like to sew many different types of things, so I just said sewer. I know, sounds dumb now that I am thinking about it.
So ladies....let's see your I am lists.

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

OH I LOVE that and boy you described yourself a lot like me. I would only erase one or two things. VERY interesting indded!

I love the new picture in your header by the way!

Kris said...

LOL...okay Lauri, you are so right! I believe the word I used, "sewer" is actually that place under ground where waste water goes....so I shall change it. Because I am NOT a sewer!!!

Lisa said...

I enjoyed reading this. :-)

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Well I say the guys can golf while you and I have a shopping date and get to know each other even better!!

Anita Lasher said...

Kris,

You are a Sew Queen!
Love,
A

Kris said...

Hi Anita,
I miss your blogging! I guess being a Sew Queen is better than a So & So, isn't it!