Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Is It January or July?

That's right!  Yesterday it hit 90 here where I live.  Ugh.  It is not supposed to be 90 in the middle of January!!!  It is beautiful out, but come on!!!
My daughter Erika is taking the week off, which means I too am on vacation.  Yesterday I went to Target and then scrubbed my floors and bathrooms and changed sheets.  Woo-Hoo.  Today though, I am going to Glen Ivy.  One of my very favorite places to be.  I am meeting my friend Jae in an hour, so I best get on with it.  I went outside to take a photo of the beautiful morning we are having here, and even though I am still in my jammies, I kept going further and further into the grove to capture the beauty. 






The trees are LOADED!!!  We will be having more avocados than we know what to do with again this year.  The lemon trees are absolutely bursting!  The oranges are so pretty, but, for my taste, they need to stay on the trees another couple of weeks for maximum sweetness.   And from my little stroll out there this morning, we have a lot of work to do out there after the torrential rains we have been having. 
I have been experimenting with making flowers.
This headband and flower I made last night is going to my brand new niece, who isn't even here yet.  Miss Ellie Jo.  I tried to guess the correct size for the headband.  I used a teddy bear and a ball of  yarn to guess size.  And I have held enough newborns to sort of know the size of a sweet newborn baby's head. 

The flower is ridiculously large!   I love it!  Oh, and I am loving this new book I have.
I will not be bringing my camera with me today.  I don't want to have to worry about leaving my beach bag as I hop from pool to pool, so there won't be pictures.  Sorry.  I leave you with two more pictures.  I took these in my front room. 

Have a BEAUTIFUL day!!!!

23 comments:

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

I can't remember where you live but I am going to assume Florida??? Oh, what I wouldn't give for summer!! We are still below freezing and snow is coming on Thursday. The boys have missed 1 day of school almost every week since before Christmas! Have a great day!

deebriese said...

Kris: We finally got 70 degree weather here! I am so excited..I enjoyed a few days of cold but now I want warmth..I love your headband so very sweet..I cannot believe how much your dog looks like mine!

Holly said...

Looks like a great day for Ducey! Have a wonderful relaxing time today. Those crocheted flowers are cute!!!!

Bethany said...

I can assure you it's January here in Philadelphia:)
Love the flowers--the colors are so happy!

Maryrose said...

Have fun at Glen Ivy...it should be a gorgeous day for it. Love the crochet flowers. Enjoy your week, maybe we can do lunch or a school night dinner :)

Pammy Sue said...

Wow, those organges look fabulous! Hard to believe it's that hot in January. It's not even that hot here, the hottest place on Earth (it seems).

Have a great week on your vacation. I'm jealous.

Jennifer said...

I really cannot believe we live in the same country!! But I suppose that is one more thing that makes this country so unique and special:) Oh, but for a day to spend at the spa and by the pool!! And girlfriend who would take their camera??:) Don't blame you - and hope you had a fantastic time!! (yeah, I'm more than a bit jealous!)

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Oh dear... I am so glad I am not there! I am more content being inside because of snow than 90 degrees. BUT I am thrilled you get to pool hop! Have fun and I don't blame you for not taking pics today. Sometimes we just want to have fun for the fun of it.

Kristi said...

Love the headband! So adorable! Enjoy your day, it should be beautiful for it! And how DARE you for not bringing your camera along...;)

Unknown said...

Talk to my hand.
Don't go there with me.
This morning Scott had to knock all the ice off our dish to get a picture from last nights storm.
Then we are going below zero tonight.
90 degress, will I hope you sweat like a pig...he-he-he-he.....

Too cute on the headbands Love the pink.

I too, just got back from pickn' some clemintines...at Whole Foods. They made my salad for dinner for me too.

So over winter here, Keep bring us your sunshine.

Kate

Charlee said...

Great flowers! I say the headband is about the correct size what you can do is at Target they sell newborn headbands cheap you can take one out of a package and measure it(I did that to make my own headbands for my daughter)and yes its too hot for Januray! Are your lemon trees meyers?

adsgram said...

Today I would be happy with HALF or a THIRD of ninety! Enjoy it while we get covered in snow and sleet!

:-(

Lynne

Genn said...

Hope you and Jae have a great time at Glen Ivy! Oh how I am JEALOUS!!

LOVE that headband for Ellie Jo!! I want to wear one. :)

Genn said...

Oh and ps- Great pictures of the grove too! Love that one with the sunlight streaming down!

Shorty said...

I'm loving this nice warm weather too! Although it is making me a bit nervous for summer. I was on the verge of breaking out in sweat during my walk from the train to my office this morning! Eekk!

Can you please add a couple of those adorable headbands to your etsy shop? I NEED some for my 3 month old neice!! :)

Katie said...

Aweeeeeee, so sweet, thank you!!! That flower is not ridiculously large for how ridiculously huge her head must be at this point ;) I called today to find out why no one had called me with my induction date & they tried to give me the run around. I have a regular scheduled apt on Thursday & I'm not leaving until I'm no longer pregnant!
I can't believe ya'lls weather!! Your grove is so gorgeous~hope you enjoy a great vacation of being off duty!!!

Reality Jayne said...

Love the headband...Glad someone is warm and toasty

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Love the flowers Kris. Those are crocheted aren't they? Very cute!!!

❦Bayside Gal❦ said...

90 Degrees??? OMG I wish we had such nice weather. Enjoy! I just love the crochet flower. The book looks very interesting too. I will have to look that one up. Thanks for sharing.

- said...

We're just thawing out (a tad) from a deep freeze. Fruit on the trees...wow! Your flowers and the little headband are so cute.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Oh how I envy you the beautiful citrus and avocado trees, but I don't envy that heat. I used to be a summer loving girl until I reached a *certain age* and now as much as I grumble about the snow I am loving winter :)

Your crochet flowers are really pretty!

Debbiedoos said...

Sure rub it in with the weather! Well we actually have a nice sunny day here too. Love your flowers Kris.

From the Kitchen said...

Spiff up the guest room and send me your address. I'm already packing!!

Best,
Bonnie