Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What Do You Call A Spaghetti Panini?

Spaghettini of course.  I had a little bit of leftover spaghetti.  I didn't want to be on my bum knee for a minute longer than I had to be.  I was hungry.  Mr. G was hungry. So I made a Spaghettini.

Heaping up the spaghetti on sourdough bread.  One slice of provolone, and fresh basil.
Close sandwich.  Lightly drizzle olive oil onto bread.  Lay on hot Panini Press.
Close press and cook until golden grill marks appear, and cheese is melted.  I left mine on slightly longer than I meant to.  Ooops.
Dinner was prepared in about 12 minutes.  Start to finish.  Not much of a dinner, but it was SO good!!!!
Next time I have leftover spaghetti, I will be making these again for sure!  Try it!  I think you will like it too.
In other news......remember these lamp shades I got recently?
I put them on two existing lamps that I have. 
I have been moving things all around this afternoon.  My knee is DONE!  I am going to go watch Idol now.
Nighty night.

17 comments:

glor said...

Would never have thought of spaghetti in a panini but it looks and sounds very good. I think you have something there! After all, you have garlic bread with spaghetti. Ingenious! Lamp shades look great! Big wow on the quilting. Have a great day.

Dawn said...

Would have never thought to use spaghetti on a sandwich, I think the cheese and basil make it a hit. Will have to give it a go some time. The lamp shade looks lovely, just the right base for it:)

Holly said...

You are killing me here. Nothing I love better than pasta and sourdough. Only problem is, I never have leftover spaghetti. You are brilliant. Love the new pic on your header.

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I will have to keep this in mind the next time I have leftovers since I always make extra.

Genn said...

WHY in the world have we never made spaghettini before?? That looks delicous!!

Unknown said...

Sounds so yummy, I just may have to try tonight!
Love the colors in your home, so warm and comforting :)

Tammy said...

Loving the new header!! That Spaghettini looks sooo yummy! Lampshades are awesome!

Cindy said...

Never would have thought of that. Looks delish!!

Ami said...

I do make spaghetti sandwiches with leftovers but will need a panini press now! Those look delish!!

Gloria Baker said...

Hi Dear! Im sure this would really love for my son he loves spaguetti, look nice! gloria

Kristi said...

Those look so yummy! As a kid I used to pile my spaghetti up on top of my bread and eat it like that. I have some leftover spaghetti in the fridge, thinking this might be yummy for dinner! Love the lamps too!

Karen said...

Dang Girl - that sandwich sounds really good. I love spaget and I LOVE sourdough bread and a panini sandwich you just can't beat - put them together - YUMMMM - I need to try this one. thanks for sharing it and your new shades look great :)

Karen

Kerri said...

OH that sounds good! You are clever! Now, I just need to get me one of those panini makers!

Kerri said...

PS. I like your new header!

Pammy Sue said...

Love, love, love the your new header! But a spaghetti sandwich? Really? Hmm... I can't imagine. I guess I'll just have to try it!

Kathy - Panini Happy said...

You know, I've thought about trying this for a long time but still haven't done it. So glad to hear it works well! Will definitely try it soon. :-)

Sunny Simple Life said...

Always ate leftover sgetti on bread and butter as a kid.